10 TDs! Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught a glimpse of the TCU vs. Texas Tech game while watching Nebraska today, and I thought "Oh man, Tech is getting whooped on, poor Scudd." It was barely into the 2nd quarter and it was 21-0 TCU. Then I saw the halftime report, and they came back to tie it at 21. I just saw the final game highlights... Tech won 70-35! That's 10 (T-E-N, ten!) TDs for Tech. Damn, talk about an offense.

I would have loved to have seen that game. 866 yards of total offense in that game, 635 of which came in the air. Cumbie was 30 of 50 for 477 yards and 4 TDs. That boy can flat out play. Can't wait to see him in the NFL someday.

Error

Staff member
Tech 'COULD' be a spooky team if they could ever get a defense which dosent seem to happen very often. I think they run a 4-4 defense alot of the time and it hurts them when it comes to stopping the big plays.

Get some fire on that offense when playing in the big games, get a new defensive scheme and you have a scary team...

Yeah that 21-0 TCU score was weak for two reasons. The first TD we stopped their RB on the 1 yard line, he fumbled, we recovered, but they said the ball crossed the plane...

The second TD only happened because we got flagged for pass interference when our DB jumped up and tipped the ball away. That left them on like the 10 yd line for an easy toss and catch...

I guess Leach got pissed off after two lousy calls and gave them a good ol' Texas sized talkin' to! They scored 56 unanswered points after that. We even brought in our backup QB and he looked like an NFL pro juking one guy and then letting it rip downfield. It was a lousy start, but a helluva finish!

Originally posted by Error
Tech 'COULD' be a spooky team if they could ever get a defense which dosent seem to happen very often. I think they run a 4-4 defense alot of the time and it hurts them when it comes to stopping the big plays.

If you look at the stats and not the score, our defense didn't have a bad game at all. The majority of TCU's TD's came from bad calls and turnovers deep in our own territory. They only had one TD drive that was longer than 50 yards.

Error

Staff member
Yeah but points are often put up against tech no matter what the situation is. If they can keep the fuel running in that offense from game to game than that would do it as well but things dont seem to be that way, a stiffer defense would help that part of techs game in a big way...

and what did I say about LSU?

Yeah but points are often put up against tech no matter what the situation is.

Don't get me wrong, we don't have the best defense in the country, but I think people don't look deep enough into the stats. Our time of possession is usually extremely short compared to the number of TD's we put on the board. That's the obvious trade off for a quick strike offense that passes way more than it runs. Obviously that puts the ball in the opposing teams hands for a lot longer, and with that comes TD's.

Our defense could use some improvements, but they deserve a lot more credit than they receive.

and what did I say about LSU?

Not sure, was I around?

I think he said something to the effect that LSU is over rated. I'm not too sure he used such kind/political words though lol. Glad to see them get knocked off... just one less road block in the Buck's way (as long as they don't screw themselves).

After last week's close win over Marshal, and this week's win over a decent NC State team, people are allready talking national championship out here. There's a lot of comparing them to the '02-'03 team, saying they too "just find a way to win the ballgame."

Not to sound like a pesimist, but I'm not too sure I'm on that boat yet. We've got a tough road ahead of us, road being the key word. We have to go to Perdue, Iowa, and Michigan State... all tough places to go into, especially this year sinse they all have decent teams. It's gonna be a rough ride ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom