Age of Conan

Mandarr

Staff member
Just a F.Y.I..... I heard AOC was going to have an open beta starting May 1st if you're interested in trying it out. From what I've read they've nerfed the game down quite a bit from what they originally said it would be like. I may try the open beta just to see how it is, but I doubt I actually buy the game.

Ethakk

Staff member
Why are you always so negative, or at the very least why do you think we want to know?

Say you're going to try it, try it, then bitch about it if you must fuck head.

Mandarr

Staff member
You sir are an Ass Ethakk. It's ok for you to bitch and moan about me, but it's not ok for me to dislike things. Double standard fool.

Ethakk

Staff member
Be hard to bitch and moan about you if you weren't always such a sad sack wouldn't it chump.

Mandarr

Staff member
Well I was reading about the game all night on how the beta is going so far and such. I decided to go preorder the game so I'd get a warmammoth mount that I'll be able to do combat while mounted on. Not that any of ya'll are interested in hearing about this game anyway, but I thought I'd mention it.

I may be playing by myself and have to meet new people to play with if I like the game since nobody seems to want to try this game. Warhammer won't be out for another 6 months or so, so I figure I'll play this or something untill then. One of the reasons I built a new pc was to play this game so I might as well try it at least.

Mandarr

Staff member
I spent the week trying to play the AOC open beta from fileplanet. I was having crashes and bad performance with frame rates and such untill they made a new patch on Friday. Then I was able to play the game without much hassle.

Yesterday though, (Saturday) they bumped everyone who already had a character at at least level 2 to level 20 for a pvp free for all event in the higher level area. I logged into that character and it was laggy as hell. Not sure if they're code is working right to have so many people in one place or not. I tried different tweaks to my system that they had suggested on their forums tech help to no avail. Then I just started messing with the video options and attempted to set everything on high and somehow my framerate jumped up to the highest it had been. I was barely seeing any lag spikes or framerate spikes from that point on.

I didn't really play the level 20 guy for long though as I didn't feel like getting ganked by a group of people camping spawn locations. I did group up with some people for about 15 minutes though before the group fell apart. They kept trying to kill creatures at about level 27 and kept getting killed. I did get attacked by some fool once when we were starting out though. I was pretty much owning him and then the rest of my group jumped on him and finished him off lol. He had friends who just stood there watching. They were just looking for people that were alone, they didn't want a fair fight lol. I'm not much into pvp, but if I was able to kill people here and there it wouldn't be so bad I guess.

Anyway, I've preordered the game and will be playing it at least untill Warhammer comes out. I'm not big on the pvp aspect of warhammer or any other game, but since everyone plans to play it I guess that's where I'll end up too. I happend to talk to Wiley Cyote (SP?) aka. Donkeypuncher in swg, yesterday. He jumped on teamspeak. Hadn't talked to him in years, but he was playing the AOC open beta too on server 4 and I had created a new character on that server too. He said he's been in the Warhammer closed beta for about 5 months and he said the game is basicaly all about pvp. He also said it was nothing like Wow. That's about all he's said about it so far. So when that game comes out we'll have to find out what server he's on.

I also ran into another couple people I hadn't heard from in a long assed time yesterday. Rapture and Hama! Rapture saw me say something in global chat and sent me a tell. I was like, yep it's me lol. So I plan to find out what server they're playing AOC on when the game is released so I can group with them and stuff. They'll probably level faster than me though, but at least I'll have someone to shoot the shit with while I play.

Overall I'd have to say I had a fun time yesterday and Friday night playing the game. I hope to have enough fun to have it last untill Warhammer's launch. Which Wile did say that game was more ready to be released than AOC is. Probably alot more stable and such since the graphics aren't as intense which need a good system to run it. Anyway, if you'd like to try the game sometime it's not too bad if your system is capable of running it.

Ethakk

Staff member
You hadn't seen them in a long assed time? Both of those two idiots were on constantly every time you reactivated your account. If they aren't acting like stupid bitches I'd say good that you have someone to play with, if they act the fucking same tell them Ethakk and Grend say HI since somewhere along the line I turned into Grend's right hand man during the whole retardfest.

Incidentally what is the group size restriction and all that?

Mandarr

Staff member
Ethakk;7569 said:
They were on all the damn time on one alt or another.

I didn't know what their alts names were. If Rapture hadn't seen me talking in global chat she would'nt have even known.

Ethakk

Staff member
Bullshit, they are called "friends lists" and every time I log in with an alt or something that is still in Clandestine ops where I keep them; one or the other of them sends a tell asking who I am. If I can figure out who someone is by similiar looking names/guild affiliation whatever then so can they, yet didn't. And keep in mind that nobody made them buy into the dramatic bullshit, nor did anyone ever stop them from "coming back" as it were. They chose to hitch onto Pointman's wagon and got drug along with it so the attitude they show some of us and continued to show to Grend several months back was and is completely unwarranted.

Mandarr: Next time you see Rapture and Hama, tell em I say Hi. Don't think I could get into AOC though, the name alone annoys me.

Mandarr

Staff member
Cop;7574 said:
Mandarr: Next time you see Rapture and Hama, tell em I say Hi. Don't think I could get into AOC though, the name alone annoys me.

But there's boobies! heh

Top Bottom