Battlefield 2 No CO-OP

Marvin_TM

Staff member
BF2 is pretty cool in single player and the bots are pretty smart. Too bad you can't play multiplayer co-op with bots and I found this tid bit from an interview.

3. The "Hot" topic in the SP community right now: Cooperative multiplayer with bots gamemode will or will not be shipped with BF2 at release? If not, can you comment in more detail on this decision and if there are any future plans for Coop?

"This is correct, we will not be shipping with coop support in Battlefield 2. Since single-player in Battlefield 2 is focused on training players for full multiplayer matches (a gateway to multiplayer) we chose to focus on each of the modes separately and eliminate coop. There are no plans at this time to add coop support in a patch."

They are working on a patch that will fix the multiplayer server screen and search and several other fixes... But everywhere I look peoplw are bitching about no CO-OP and Bots so hopefully EA will listen, but we will see.

So there are no bots whatsoever in multiplayer, no matter what game mode? That kinda sucks. I mean, I know you/they are saying there are no bots for multiplayer co-op, but are there just no bots for any multiplayer mode? Sounds like playing multiplayer would be similar to playing Delta Force: Land Warrior. It might not be too bad, but beating up on bots is always fun too, 'cause bots don't talk smack haha.

What's your take on the game Marv? I've been thinking about picking it up, but now I'm not too sure. I think I'd need a new video card to play it. I heard the game is pretty demanding and I'm not sure if my old 8500LE is quite up to the task. It's gotten me this far, from SWAT3 all the way up to WoW and SWAT4, but I think it's time for something better.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the game developers are screwing the pooch on these games? SWAT4 with no red and blue teams, and now BF2 with no bots in a multiplayer match?!? Seriously, it wasn't cool when the AI would steal your tanks and stuff, but not everyone wants to play DFLW style either. Hopefully they will listen to the gamers and make some changes.

Mandarr

Staff member
Yeah that'd be great if they added some coop to the game. As it is now I wouldn't waste your money on the game since it's not available. It's fun and all in single player and there really is no lag in multiplayer with a shitload of people, but then it's just not the same.

Apparently Marvin and Mandarr have been playing in co-op mode and apparently love it. Teamspeak was alive with the sounds of "Happy Gamer Mandarr" and "Angry Gamer Marvin" last night. It was enough to make me decide to go and grab a copy and Error said he was going to grab it too.

That's Fucking Bullshit [COG]

Lol! I know man, my connection has been unstable the last few weeks. My connection would momentarily drop at around 11:30pm and now i'ts doing it in the middle of the afternoon. It's down just long enough for the TS Server to lose connection and not reset.

Ya.. Verizon is sucking for me man.. likes to drop out now and then.

So should I go out and pick this shit up too? Is it something you guys think we can play for more than 10 days? Let me know, I've been looking for a game to get back into "gaming shape" with you guys.

Scudd

Error

Staff member
I picked it up last night,havent played it too much yet but from what I have seen it's pretty cool, seems alot better than the original BF...

Ethakk

Staff member
Personally I don't know that I'll be getting it, AoE III is coming out next month as well as a few others in the relatively near future. However if anyone sees it on sale say something for crying out loud! Bunch of wankers :pokin:

Marvin_TM

Staff member
Yes we got CO-OP working

Its not a patch or a Mod or any hack. One person justs starts a single player game and everyone else just joins with direct IP. You can only play the maps in 16 player mode (the more players on map in multiplayer- the bigger the map is with more flags and stuff) and I'm not sure if any mod maps will work or not. AND YES, THE F^@&ing AI will steal the tanks and shit but, they will also heal you and give you ammo. The only downside is you earn alot of points but they don't count toward your rank. OK, I'll explain, if you play BF2 multiplayer on a RANKED server all the points you earn toward kills, assists, flag captures etc. are added to your profile and you earn rank and as you progress you can unlock more weapons to use. Don't ask me how and when, I'm only at 600+ points and made private first class at 500 points.

Top Bottom