Cataclysm

Ethakk

Staff member
Apparently they are going to redo all of the old world zones to accomodate a planetwide "cataclysm" in addition to the two new races and class combinations etc. More importantly they are going to redo a number of the old instances which of course means they'll finally have Heroic - Deadmines lol. Well that and I want to see how things like Blackrock will look when they make it so you can fly.

The secondary skill of Archeology sounds cool but I don't know what use it will be.

Ethakk

Staff member
I really haven't looked that much into it, I've only been getting on about an hour a day to do a heroic or some such and I generally rely on most of my info to come from Blahs or some folks we played with. What is the profession supposed to do as of now?

You are supposed to be able to discover artifacts and stuff.

Ethakk

Staff member
So with archaeology you can discover artifacts. lol, that's informative.

Error

Staff member
Ethakk;8185 said:
So with archaeology you can discover artifacts. lol, that's informative.

You get to live out your WOW days as Indiana Jones...

Ethakk

Staff member
I would imagine that they'll have combined items like "I found this mystical gemstone from the eyesocket of a statue I dug up and then smashed with a shovel, I wonder if I could get a jewelcrafter to fashion something with it."

Ethakk

Staff member
They made it so you can change factions on Tuesday, Thib has been jazzing about that pvp server he's on so I figured I'll take one of my more useless characters over there. Did you pvp much with your rogue Error?

Error

Staff member
Ethakk;8194 said:
They made it so you can change factions on Tuesday, Thib has been jazzing about that pvp server he's on so I figured I'll take one of my more useless characters over there. Did you pvp much with your rogue Error?

Yeah I did with that one guy who ran preforms all the time (don't recall his name) but I was combat spec so somewhat worthless in PvP against the ones running around with PvP specs.

It's a pretty fun PvP class but you'll only get the full enjoyment of it by being PvP spec.

What classes are ruling the roost right now?

I'm getting ready to rebuild a new machine (had a video card crap out on me and then my motherboard went out shortly after so I'm running on a laptop right now) so when I get that done I'll probably fire up my account and check things out.

Ethakk

Staff member
Pvp wise, I'm not quite certain of it since a lot of folks are just using dual specs anymore so there seems to be a lot of just fooling around. On the surface of it Deathknights I would have to imagine since they seem to be generally all around overpowered. Thib was bellyaching about Warriors and Paladins yesterday, Warriors given the time frame of WotLK I would just have to say are hitting their gear peak and we all know how that works. Paladins I can also see because they're dangerously close to being a Master of all trades if you ask me, Blahs being defensive when I brought that up would seem to support my assumption. Though I'm liking some of the shaman tweaks, and I guess they're supposed to be "the" class for Cataclysm much as Paladins are "the" class with the undead crap in this one. Mages I couldn't say one way or another since I've only done a couple of 10 man Nax raids and in general I would say Mages seem to be fairly scarce again for some reason.

By the way, are you talking about some folks from the Union or are you talking about Toy from way back?

Error

Staff member
Those union guys are the ones I'm talking about here. I never really did any PvP with Toy and tem on my rogue, it was always my hunter and they eventually kicked me out of the group because I wouldnt listen to them, or atleast I wouldnt listen to this warrior who was leader of one of the groups because I couldnt stand the guy.

I don't imagine that mages are anything special considering they never were when it came to end game. The class is (or was) extremly fun because it's challenging due to it's limitations (HP, being pigeonholed, etc.) but looking at it in a realistic manner they were never really over powered or the best at anything they did. That was my damn problem with the class. It was tough to top early on at any level cap but once gear came in to play with other classes the mage class fell way behind and fast. It wasnt even the greatest DPS class even though it was designed to be just that considering it's limited HP and tissue paper armor. It sure was fun though and I could tear some shit up in PvP even with fire spec.

I've always liked the warrior over other classes though but hated the stress involved in being one so I never really bothered to use one as my main. I liked my Tauren warrior.

Ethakk

Staff member
It seems like they're in demand, which might be indicitive of their viability but I couldn't say as I'm not raiding. I haven't geared my warrior at all really, he's picked up like three pieces because BT stuff went a lot farther in this one than BWL or what not went in TBC. The instances in general are ridiculously short, a few of them only take twenty minutes or so because Paladins and Deathknight tanks can sit there and hold mobs effortlessly and you can blast through everything.

The main reason I hadn't attempted to gear my warrior though isn't because of difficulty of finding groups even with "shit gear" by any means because healers and tanks are still hard to come by but they made an ability in the prot tree that wipes the cooldown on shield slam with a proc of devastate or revenge which basically means you can spam shield slam, TC, and throw in one or two of whatever the hell else you want. Made tanking boring, even if people didn't want easy modes. DPS seems like more fun though. The last one I know of as I say who got tweaked was shaman, they seem to be trying to get more viability for hybrids in 25 mans at least.

Error

Staff member
Yeah the mage was fun because it was a challenge to survive. Zaid and then would make fun of us becuse we were "squishy" and the class was but damn it made things fun when you actually stayed busy trying to DPS and stay alive.

That fight in Hyjal against that first boss was so damn boring because I could just stand there and push buttons with no effort for the most part and not have much to worry about but a fight like that big dude in the cave out in bladespire (wtf was his name? The big durn like dude) was fun because you struggled to live.

Ethakk

Staff member
Gruul. Well that's the problem I have with Warrior tanking. They made it worse as far as the easymode tanking goes and what I would do is boring for warriors at least. Though from what I understand Deathknight is in general a fun class to play though I'm not sure if that's because they are generally still overpowered.

Top Bottom