Compensating us for downtime?

Looks like they extended everyone's free month and the 10 day trial for the server problems that they had. I think it went fairly unnoticed, but that's awesome in my book. That also explains why Dragonetti's trial was extended...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
World of Warcraft Trial-Period Extension - Block on 12/1/04
World of Warcraft's record-setting first week brought hundreds of thousands of players together to adventure in Azeroth. The extremely high concurrency numbers that we've seen since the game's launch have required us to double our total number of servers over a four-day period, which is much faster than we had initially planned. This caused some issues with a few servers, and some players had difficulty logging in to the game during this period.

We are determined to provide our players with the best experience possible. It is for that reason that we are extending the one-month trial-period for players who created accounts before or during the downtime. The length of the trial-period extension will be based on when the player's account was created:

Accounts created on November 23 will receive a 4-day extension
Accounts created on November 24 will receive a 3-day extension
Accounts created on November 25 will receive a 2-day extension
Accounts created on November 26 will receive a 1-day extension

Our sincere apologies go out to all who experienced service disruptions. As always, we appreciate your patience and support, and we wish you good luck in your adventures in Azeroth!

That's pretty much the reason I thought his trial kept going on too.

4 days really isn't that big of a deal to me, but the gesture they made by giving the additional time says a lot about how they feel about their customers. With that said, I'm very pleased to see that they added those days to the free trials.

If it had been Sony, they probably would have pulled some crap like "According to your account policy, we are not required to reimburse your time due to our servers being down" or some crap like that.

Top Bottom