Connectivity Issues

I am currently having connectivity issues, TS will be up ASAP.

Scudd

Replaced my DSL modem and still having issues. Going to try resetting the router completely. It will take me a few minutes to make the setting changes after I reset it though. TS should be back up in a few.

Scudd

OK, when I said a few, I meant a few hours...

SMC Tech Support managed to totally screw the situation up. I am connected directly through my DSL modem now and I am waiting for them to send me a new firmware file. If I can't get this thing working in the next hour or so, I will email Grendel the TS Server files and hopefully he can get a backup server going.

Sorry for the downtime, I know it sucks to be without TS.

Scudd

EDIT: This is post 666, no wonder I am having issues...

Looks like I am back up and running now. I am keeping my fingers crossed though. I would like to give a special shout out to SMC for outsourcing their tech support to India, and for Prakash for spending the evening on the phone with me constantly apologizing for the problem and stating how "despicably strange" it was that I could not get a connection out. Much love homie...

Scudd

Sounds almost like you got earthlink as ur ISP oO.. Iv been having connectivity issues the past few months.. and now the bastards are taking forever to release my line..

I gave up calling support.. last time I called.. some guy in india told me to wrap my modem in tin foil..

If you ever go looking for a new ISP.. heres one that looks awsome.. oO..

http://www.cyberonic.com

1.5Mbit/768kbps for about $49.99/mo.. also includes a static IP *drools*

ADSL - 6.0m/768k bps
1 Year
$59.99
"$59.99 per month for the first 6 months and $69.99 after that. One static IP included. Add $15 to upgrade to five static IPs. Customer equipment is provided at no additional cost. $159 - Activation fee. $19 shipping and handling fee.

Thats probably the best deal I have ever seen oO

I hate to say it because as soon as I do, sure enough my connection will fail. It seems that the DNS was causing the issue. I permanently mapped the DNS server to the router IP address and the connection hasn't dropped yet. That also explains why things like TS and other applications that were already connected were fine, but establishing a new connection was out of the question. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but in the meantime, thanks to Grendel for hosting the TS Server.

Scudd

Top Bottom