Crystals and Pearls by way of a quest perhaps?

Mandarr

Staff member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zarathustra wrote:
My question, from what you know TH, do you think Jedi will be happy with the lightsaber changes and do they address many of our issues? A simple yes or no answer is all that's needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, since you are asking my personal opinion, then yes I do. I've only seen some early work by mad man Keldarin, but its neat. The concept of crystals and pearls is going to change and mostly in ways that make the saber much more personal. So as to why I think they are cooler, its because light sabers always seemed to me to be a very personal thing. To find the right crystal and tune it to your force sensitivity and become one with the saber is very "star warsy" to me.

The act of finding a crystal/pearl and making it part of your saber will be a more personal and that's satisfying IMHO.

Kurt "Thunderheart" Stangl
Assistant Community Manager

Save your money folks! :)

Error

Staff member
Yes I read through that post,not sure what he meant but it sounds like some changes are in place...

And even better...

Jedi

Lightsabers are the heart of the Jedi. Yet our sabers strangely deal universally, highly-resisted kinetic damage at only AP2, and even require incredibly rare Krayt Pearls or crystals which are impossible for Jedi to procure without switching to an alt character. Our weapons wear down quickly due to the incredible amount of XP we must earn, cost millions upon million to create, and are easily resisted by quality composite armor. Will lightsabers be revamped along with our profession and can you give us any details?

Yes, Lightsabers are being revamped along with the entire Jedi profession. The details on the lightsaber changes, along with Jedi revamp changes are going to be released as soon as possible with the Jedi Academy threads.

Error

Staff member
Hopefully no more kinetic damage for us,mandarr did have a good point about restraint not always being a damage type and now it all the sudden pops up with in the last couple months yet no one knows exactally what does that type of damage...

If they change the damage type then no more :spank:ings for the jedi...

Restraint is what the scout and ranger traps do, though to the best of my knowledge, I don't think those traps can be used on humanoids. Kinda makes you wonder why NPCs have it on thier list of resistances.

Top Bottom