Guild name?

So, sooner or later it looks like we are going to need a guild name and make it official. I thought I'd start a post here to get some ideas and then later on we can vote on them. Here are a few I've heard thrown around:

<blockquote>
COG, Inc.
Clandestine, Inc.
COG Industries
Clandestine Industries
Clandestine Ops, Inc.
</blockquote>

What else do you guys and gal like?

Selling bowcasters! [COG]

Pretend you are the switchboard operator answering the telephones at our guild HQ. What sounds the best? I like Clandestine Industries.....

Clandestine Industries [COG]

Mandarr

Staff member
Any of them sound cool to me. I wonder how much it will be to make a guild in the game and if there are dues or anything like that? I'll try to read some about guilds later on tonight.

If we want guild members to be official members of COG, then I think our Guild name should be Clandestine Operations Group with the COG after our names in the game. Then we should modify the name based on what we are making/selling.

Extracting resources - Clandestine Industries, Inc.
Making clothes - Clandestine Outfitters, Inc.
Making Weapons - Clandestine Instruments of Death, Inc.
Making Armor - Always Use Clandestine Protection, Inc.

The only issue I see is that we probably won't want to go through the process of admitting a new member in COG just so they can be in our Guild. If that is the case, then maybe we should be CW for Clandestine Warriors or something like that?

I think that's a great idea. The only thing I'm questioning about that is whether or not we should let non-COGers into the guild. I can see why it would be benificial for us to have a large number in the guild, but is it crucial? I think if we can get by successfully in the game with just COGers in the guild, I'd rather go that route. Of course, that doesn't mean that we can't or won't pick up a few new COGers from this game ;-).

P.S. I just had a brain fart... can we charge non-COGers so many credits per week or month to join the guild? Or maybe a one time fee to join?

Mo' Money, Mo' Money [COG]

I think it would be great idea to have our guild members be official COG members. This isn't exactly a game that people are going to play for a week and get sick of, so if someone is in a guild you can count on seeing them a lot. I already see a couple of people that we play with that I would like to see in COG. As far as using the COG tag in our names - how is that possible without dropping our player and starting with a new one?

Keepin' my XP [COG]

Yeah, there is a guild over by where me and Scudd built our houses, and all of the members have a <GL> at the end of their names.

Another thing I found out, and some people were wondering about, is that the first step in forming a guild (I think the "official" term in the game is a Player Association (PA) ) is to build a PA hall. I'm not sure how much they cost, but I do know that you must be a Master Architect to build it and the going rate for a large house seems to be around $200k. That leaves me to think that the PA hall has to be at least 250k to 300k. The only alternative is for one of us (ok, I see you all looking at me, but it's not polite to stare!) to acheive Master Architect and build it ourselves. The next time I run into one of those <GL> guys I'll ask them about their PA hall.

Once I get back, I am going to begin harvesting the ore for the guild hall. If P doesn't want to be an Architect, then I have some hook-ups that can build us one.

Top Bottom