How Sweet It Is!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can I say, I'm in a state of bliss right now!!! Oh, well, I can say one thing...

<marquee bgcolor=#888888 width=60%><font size=7 color=#ff2222 face=cornerstone>GO BUCKS!!! 2002 National Champs!!! Holy Buckeye!!!</font></marquee>

Error

Staff member
I knew once Mr. Willis was hurt the game was over, Miami had nothing but the norm after that OSU only had one dimension to focus on...

Loved it when Clarett stripped back the ball...

Memorable momments for me:
  • Our defence. We were +3 on turnovers, and both of our regulation time TDs came off of turnovers.
  • Craig Krezel rushing. He led the team with 80+ yards on the ground. He is one tough S.O.B.
  • Home away from home. Sun Devil Stadium, as even the players and coaches decribed it, was just like playing a home game. It was dubbed "The 'Shoe Two." It just goes to show how GREAT the fans here in Columbus are.
  • The strip. What a great heads up play by a freshman (Clarett) to make a play. After the game, what could be better than giving ALL the credit for that strip to his coach for allways getting on the in practice to make just that type of play whenever they turn the ball over.
  • Half time competition. At half time, one female and one male cheerleader from each school atempted field goals to win money for charity. Well, BOTH of the OSU cheerleaders made thier kicks, while NIETHER of the Miami cheerleaders made thiers! I know it was not part of the game, but I sure did love seeing even our cheerleaders whoop thier buts!
  • T-E-A-M. While Miami may have had the best tallent out there, we had the best TEAM. They allways talk about how they are just one big family, and last night they really showed it. Congratulations to Coach Tressel for instilling not only a winning attidute to our team, but a sence of honor and humility as well.
  • Overtime. I could not sit down from the time Miami set up to kick that field goal to tie it 'til the game was over.
  • Krenzel to Jenkins. What has been our most productive passing combination all year, Krenzel and Jenkins kept us alive once again with a 17 yard pass on 4th and 14 in the 1st OT.
  • "The call." A pass interfence call kept us alive after what seemed to be an incomplete pass to end the 1st OT. Did anyone see it? People argued that it was a bad call, but in MY opinion, the real call should have been on the guy holding Jenkins (#12). Jenkins lined up in the right slot and ran a slant. He DEFINATELY got held and I thought that was what the flag was, but it seems it was on the guy covering Gamble (#7). So, either way, there should have been a flag on that play, so NO MORE ARGUEING!
  • THE STAND. What can be more gut wrenching than a goal line stand to win that game? Was that amazing or what? Better think long and hard next time you are 4th and goal from the 1 yard line againt the "Silver Bullets" baby!

Finaly, I'll leave you with these, the "Buckeye Battle Cry" (the long version of our fight song, adapted for football), "Fight the Team" (our school fight song), and "Carmen Ohio" (our school alma mater):

<hr>
<p align="center">
<big><big><b><i>Buckeye Battle Cry</i></b></big></big>

In old Ohio there's a team,
That's known throughout the land;
Eleven warriors, brave and bold,
Whose fame will ever stand,
And when the ball goes over,
Our cheers will reach the sky,
Ohio Field will hear again
The Buckeye Battle Cry

Drive! Drive on down the field,
Men of the scarlet and gray;
Don't let them through that line,
We have to win this game today,
Come on, Ohio!
Smash through to victory
We cheer you as you go;
Our honor defend
We will fight to the end for O-HI-O!
</P>

<hr>
<p align="center">
<big><big><b><i>Fight the Team (Across the Field)</i></b></big></big>

Fight the team across the field,
Show them Ohio's here
Set the Earth reverberating
With a mighty cheer
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Hit them hard and see how they fall;
Never let that team get the ball.
Hail! Hail! The gang's all here,
So let's win that old conference now.
</p>
<hr>
<p align="center">
<big><big><b><i>Carmen Ohio</i></b></big></big>

Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise,
And songs to Alma Mater raise;
While our hearts rebounding thrill,
With joy which death alone can still.
Summer's heat and winter's cold,
The seasons pass, the years will roll;
Time and change will surely show
How firm thy friendship... O-HI-O!

</p>
<hr>

Error

Staff member
I'd say it was the best National Championship game I've seen since the BCS was put in to place...If I look back at the big bowls then USC and Oklahoma should have played with Washington State up against Iowa,they both would have been better match ups but I'm not at all upset with the Miami-OSU game...

hey p diddy dawge - why aren't they the 2003 champs if it happened yesterday on the 3rd.....?

Error

Staff member
Because the last game of the previous year is always played in the new year...This game was to determine the champion of the 2002 season which just ended not long ago...

Bet ya 100 bucks Ohio State wins their fist game of the year...

i'm not falling for that..... hehe
come on now honestly - 02 is out
2003 is in - madden said 'Shazzaam, 2003 national champions are the new hotness'....

Error

Staff member
2002 may be out now but the season wasnt played in 2003,it was played in 2002 so the Bucks are the 2002 National Champs, the 2003 season hasnt been played yet...

madden would say "BOOM! Where did that truck come from"

Well, if Lock says 2003 National Champs are the new hottness, I guess we'll have to win that too! Look at our schedule, I think it looks like another championship schedule:
<P align="center">
<TABLE CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=2 BORDER=2 WIDTH=500 bordercolor="C80000">
<tr bgcolor="ffffff"> <TD><FONT SIZE="3" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Day</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="3" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Date</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="3" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Opponent</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="3" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Location</FONT></TD> <TD WIDTH="100"><FONT SIZE="3" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Time</FONT></TD></TR>
<tr bgcolor="eeeeee"> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Sat</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">08/30/2003</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Washington</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Columbus, Ohio</FONT></TD> <TD WIDTH="100"><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">TBA
</FONT></TD></TR>
<tr bgcolor="ffffff"> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Sat</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">09/06/2003</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">San Diego State</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Columbus, Ohio</FONT></TD> <TD WIDTH="100"><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">TBA
</FONT></TD></TR>
<tr bgcolor="eeeeee"> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Sat</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">09/13/2003</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">North Carolina State</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Columbus, Ohio</FONT></TD> <TD WIDTH="100"><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">TBA
</FONT></TD></TR>
<tr bgcolor="ffffff"> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Sat</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">09/20/2003</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Bowling Green</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Columbus, Ohio</FONT></TD> <TD WIDTH="100"><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">TBA
</FONT></TD></TR>
<tr bgcolor="eeeeee"> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Sat</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">09/27/2003</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Northwestern</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Columbus, Ohio</FONT></TD> <TD WIDTH="100"><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">TBA
</FONT></TD></TR>
<tr bgcolor="ffffff"> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Sat</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">10/11/2003</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Wisconsin</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Madison, Wis.</FONT></TD> <TD WIDTH="100"><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">TBA
</FONT></TD></TR>
<tr bgcolor="eeeeee"> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Sat</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">10/18/2003</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Iowa</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Columbus, Ohio</FONT></TD> <TD WIDTH="100"><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">TBA
</FONT></TD></TR>
<tr bgcolor="ffffff"> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Sat</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">10/25/2003</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Indiana</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Bloomington, Ind.</FONT></TD> <TD WIDTH="100"><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">TBA
</FONT></TD></TR>
<tr bgcolor="eeeeee"> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Sat</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">11/01/2003</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Penn State</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">University Park, PA</FONT></TD> <TD WIDTH="100"><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">TBA
</FONT></TD></TR>
<tr bgcolor="ffffff"> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Sat</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">11/08/2003</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Michigan State</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Columbus, Ohio</FONT></TD> <TD WIDTH="100"><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">TBA
</FONT></TD></TR>
<tr bgcolor="eeeeee"> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Sat</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">11/15/2003</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Purdue</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Columbus, Ohio</FONT></TD> <TD WIDTH="100"><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">TBA
</FONT></TD></TR>
<tr bgcolor="eeeeee"> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Sat</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">11/22/2003</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Michigan</FONT></TD> <TD><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">Ann Arbor, Mich.</FONT></TD> <TD WIDTH="100"><FONT SIZE="2" COLOR="000000" FACE="Arial Narrow">TBA
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE></p>

just stop... u know my question made you all think
don't lie - go with it - it feels right
madden is an
old gay fag with thick burly eyebrows haha
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom