i have a fighting class question.

when you start a type of weapon like swords or bow if you want to switch is it separate types of exp or general?

for example in lineage atm its all the same so you can switch and stay at your current level but just work on the specials levels

or is it like swg where its types of skill so i would have to start over?

Error

Staff member
In WoW there are different weapon types that require their own type of leveling..You have your character level which is based on xp gained from killing mobs and quests then you have weapon skill level.. weapon skills depen on character skill..Say you hit level 20 in profression level so you are now at 120 of 125 in swords,as you work through level 20 with swords your skill will work it's way to 125..After you hit level 21 your max skill will be raised to 130...

It goes this way with all waepons in the game, bows,guns,unarmed,one hand maces/2h maces,one hand swords/2h swords,wands,one hand axes/2h axes,polearms,ect.

If you dont stay on top of things and let your character level get to far ahead of your weapon skill then you'll have to level those skills up by a mass ammount of points. I would find what weapons are important to ya and use them as much as possible...

E pretty much nailed it. I'll just add that at early levels, your weapon skills go up really fast, like 1 point every hit. So, you can go from 0 to 100 pretty darn fast. But, later on, weapon skills start getting harder and slower to gain.

You can go all the way to level 60 warrior and not get any 2H Axe points for example, if you never pick one up, but your maximum skill in 2H Axe will still go up with each character level (i.e. you will be 0/20, then 0/30, then 0/40, etc.). Often times, you will cap out your weapon skill before you reach the next character level, so it's usually a good idea to max one weapon out, then switch to another to max that out, etc. Then go back once you have gained another charcter level (thus increasing the max on your weapon skills) and max them all out again. So, you may be a level 60 warrior will awesome sword skills, but you won't hit a thing with an axe (just as if you were a noob) unless you keep your axe skill points up as well.

Error

Staff member
yeah,never walk in to a big battle with an axe if you never used one..lol

Error

Staff member
You can play different classes to see what you wanna do at first to see what class you like the best but you wont get a real in depth look at what that class is capable of until atleast lvl 20-30.
As for weapons,you can only use what is allowed for your class,some require training but other than that you can use whatever weapon you want so theres no need to re-roll for weapon skills..

I would go look through the profressions and see what looks cool to you, check out their talents and see what you wanna improve on and as any unanswered questions here...

For more info, go <a href="http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Classes.List">HERE</a> to find out about all the classes.

There are a few things to consider when chooing your class:
  • Race - Only certain races can play as certain classes. Also keep in mind the fact that I think a majority of us are leaning towards the Allaince, so you only really have 4 races to choose from. There will be race traits added to the game in the near future, so until they come out, you may want to keep an open mind about races.
  • Weapons - Each class is limited to what weapons they are allowed to use. At that link I posted, it says that you need to buy certain weapon skills to be allowed to use them. That's not the way it works anymore. Just look at all the weapons available to each class.
  • Armor - Each class is also limited as to what type of armor they can wear. Mages and warlocks, for example, can only wear cloth armor (the lowest armor class in the game), where as a warrior can wear all types of armor.
  • Play Style - What role do you want your character to have in the whole scheme of things? Do you want to be a caster? Do you want pets? Do you want to be all melee? Do you want to heal others/yourself? Do you want to be an all out damage dealer? Do you want to be a tank? WoW has really done what I think is an EXCELANT job at coming up with many different types of classes to suite all play styles, yet still keep them balanced.

The next time I catch you on TS Hama, I'd be more than happy to go over the classes with you and help you figure out what's gonna be best for you. I'm sure we can come up with something?

Top Bottom