Jedi Archives Volume 2

New info has been released about the Jedi changes coming with patches 9 and 10. The new system sounds pretty cool, from my point of view (having not tried the current system).

Basically, you slowly gain small, passive force skills until you get 24 boxes of these skills. These are skills you gain in addition to your current non-Jedi skills (i.e. fencer, carbineer, etc.). Then, once you get 24 boxes, you unlock your slot. You get a new character, but it is just a regualr character. Your current character is the one that progresses to Jedi. You start gaining active force skills, basically the same as the initiate to padawan trees they have now. As you gain these skills, you have to start dropping your old non-Jedi skills.

Once you get to padawan, you take the Padawan Trials, and get your 1st robe. Robes will add "a hidden toughness" to take the place of armor. So, basically your robe is your armor, and you can't wear composite anymore. You progress though the Padawan skills until you get to the Knight Trials.

The Jedi Knight Trials is where the real shit starts. It's where you go light or dark, and it is where the PvP goes into full swing. You also get a new robe. All XP from here on out is from PvP. Light Jedi vote on other players to progress, while Dark Jedi progress based on PvP kills. This part sounds hard as hell, yet pretty fun too.

We are really going to have to decide as a group what side of the force we want to be on, as I think it would be best to all be on the same side for obvious reasons. There is a huge difference between light and dark in progressing beyond guardian. I actually can't wait to get back into the quest for my Jedi and leveling up skills again.

You can read the rest of the info HERE.

Error

Staff member
I'm not really understanding this correctly, they say a 4-4-4-4 guardian is basically a master and will be rewarded a master in the new system. What advancement is there beyond the knight trials other than force ranking advancement? They are saying the level 4 guardians would be the level after the knight trials where pvp advancement kicks in but they arent really saying what this advancement is so I'm assuming it's your force ranking advancement with in the councils...

Another thing I wouldnt want is some guys I dont know deciding who is gonna be what,you know the little "bands" of ppl would do whatever possible to help them selves keep those spots in the rankings...I would rather put my advancement on my own back and go dark rather than putting my trust in to some guys who are only out to get their seat...

They didn't specifically say that you can't wear armor anymore, just that the robe would provide a toughness. Chances are though, jedi will not be able to equip armor. I base that on my own experience with how bad they can screw things up...

It is highly doubtful that the robe will be anywhere near what advanced armor can provide. Hopefully they will prove me wrong though.

Scudd

I don't see them allowing the robes to have 80% resists to kinetic but as with most things in this game when they take they give something in return. Since the robes are based on jedi skill level then they will probably provide defensive/offensive modifiers. Plus I heard that you will be able to have a tailor slice your robes. :napplause

Tailors don't slice.....Smugglers do. It would make more sense to have a force-sensitive Smuggler be the one to slice Jedi Robes, wouldn't it? Maybe thats just me.....but then again, getting sense out of these guys is like banging your head on a brick wall.

:blockhead

Ethakk

Staff member
It's nothing at all like banging your...um...against...um...something. Anyway, I much prefer the Dark Jedi thing about advancing yourself through the effort you put into it as opposed to having to deal with the opinions of some CRIM or ADV guild members.

Oh, I totally agree, I think I would go Dark also. It definately sounds better. What I meant was that sometimes getting sense out of the DEVs was like...well...that=>:blockhead

Ethakk

Staff member
I also don't think very much of this abandoning skills from your regular character to make a jedi, it essentially has the same system that there is now, you're a jedi character or you're not, so why bother with the gaining all the profession skills for this character, so you can drop them and pick up Jedi skills, so that you can become a jedi, to unlock another slot, that would allow you to pick up skills that you probably had on the first character to begin with so that you can have what you started with, so that you can have a regular character (or in some cases 2 or 3 regular characters) and a jedi, when that's what it is now, only without the regular skills conflicting with the Jedi skills, when being a Jedi only accomplishes the same thing ultimately....................seems like a roundabout way to get to the same place to me.

I like the new system for getting a Jedi, playing or questing as opposed to grinding professions, I just don't like the character slot business that they are going to put in.:stooge:

Error

Staff member
Good thing I'll start out with a character that wont have to deal with the padawan trials, not sure I agree with the gain and drap stuff either...

Originally posted by Rapture
Tailors don't slice.....Smugglers do.

:blockhead

I know, but....nevermind.

Ashlar: Master Tailor
Stugots: Master Smuggler

Mandarr

Staff member
There is only one path my jedi character will be taking and that path leads to the Dark Side of the Force. :Vader:

Error

Staff member
All jedi should wear pink since their weak power puff ass isnt worthy of a good color...

Top Bottom