Key Notes From The Recent Dev Chat

[17:13] [Brannoc] *Llith* how often will these invasions happen and where can they take place? like the one in theed last night

[17:13] [TH] With regards to the "Droid Invasion" live events, we have have run the event at least once on each server. We are continuing through the weekend. You can check the official site and the Live Events forums for more info on Pex's events.

[17:14] [Haden] We'll also try to "automate" all successful events, like the droid invasion live event.

<hr>

[17:26] [Brannoc] *MCPrimetime* can we get a definative explanation on which defenses where capped?
[17:27] [Keldarin] In Publish 7 we added a cap for the Dodge, Counterattack, Block, Ranged Defense & Melee Defense skill mods.

[17:27] [Keldarin] These are all capped internally at 125. The UI will show a higher number, but nothing beyond 125 will count.

[17:28] [Keldarin] All other defensive modifiers are in full effect.

<hr>

[17:34] [Brannoc] Worship] Do you have any concepts for the new Wookie armor as of yet?

[17:34] [Haden] Yes! In fact, the first concept was just approved by LucasArts and Lucasfilm today. Tomorrow, we'll be showcasing it as the Friday Feature.

[17:34] [Haden] It should end up on Live within a few weeks.

<hr>

[17:39] [Brannoc] [Cloner] But a question on everyone's mind, I'm sure, is the question of the future way to unlock the force sensitive slot. Is there any progress report on the new path?
[17:40] [Keldarin] We've been actively working on the Jedi Revamp and I think you will all be pretty excited about what we have planned.

<font color=#dd0000>[17:40] [Keldarin] We're moving away from the skill based enabling that we have now and moving to a complete quest driven system.

[17:41] [Keldarin] Enabling your Force Sensitive skills will no longer require revoking skills or significantly changing you character.

[17:42] [Keldarin] There also won't be a specific Force Sensitive slot anymore, you will actually enable the Force skills for your current character and progress from there.

[17:42] [Keldarin] And that's all I'm saying for now. ;-) </font>

[17:42] [Haden] Our goal here is to make the progression towards becoming a Jedi feel more like the progression in the films, and to make it a bit more accessible.

<hr>

[17:49] [TH] Im happy to announce that in publish 8, shuttleport waits will all be 5 minutes and players will be able to travel from anyplanet to anyplanet. We are currently discussing the details of reducing the starport times.

Mandarr

Staff member
I just got done reading that too. They need to make the skill tapes work over that 125 cap. I don't care much for the no force slot anymore either. I didn't get Mandarr up to damn near Lt. Col. just so he'd be taken back down and made into a Rebel because he's become force sensitive. And I don't want him hunted constantly by bounty hunters while he's out doing things. They started out giving new slots to others and that's the way they'll have to continue. To do otherwise wouldn't be fair to all those that become force sensitive after the changes go through.

I'll be posting my displeasure with that idea on the SWG forums soon. (After I get back from watching Dawn of the Dead lol) The other jedi changes are great, but to just give your character force abilities would screw up everything I've been working for. "Congratulations, you've become force sensitive. By the way you're no longer part of the Imperial Army that you've worked so hard to be a member of and you'll never be able to work your rank back up again." Bad, bad idea.

I wanted to create a different species for my jedi as well damnit. I have to open my slot asap now. :( I should have DE done tonight, but if that doesn't do it I'll still need to do tailor, chef and merchant. (working on merchant right now as well) I'll go broke buying the resources needed to grind that crap out if I have too. I'm sure it's going to be one of those professions that opens my slot though.

They'd best not make us have to give up skills to fly a craft in the space expansion as well. Give us more skill points to put torwards space expansion professions only at the least. Make them unusable for anything other than that. They don't want me to take a flight out to visit with them. :zap: They'd best do it right. :Vader:

Top Bottom