LOTR Online

Mandarr

Staff member
I just submitted myself for the LOTR Beta and I'd suggest others do so as well if they'd like to see what this will be like. I know it's another mmorpg just like swg and wow, but those two games have got old with me and it's time to move on to the next big mmorpg that's coming down the pike.

Ya'll probably don't want to grind out other characters in another game and I can understand that, but it would be a new experience with new things to see and do in the game. I imagine some of your guildies in wow will be looking to try out this game as well when they can. Ask them and you will see for yourself.

I haven't read too much into what this game will be like yet, but will look at their website here http://lotro.turbine.com/ and see what it'll be like. The screenshots look kind of cool at least, but who knows how the gameplay will be like ya know?

Anyway if you'd like to sign up for the beta I'd do so soon before they close down the registrations. :troy:

I registered.

Error

Staff member
They should come out with an underworld MMO...

Would be cool to be a vampire or werewolf...

Hell yeah! That would be an awesome MMO.

Mandarr

Staff member
I just got an email from the LOTRO people saying that they'll be giving away beta invites to guilds that sign up for the beta. I know Grendel and I have signed up, but was hoping some of you others would sign up as well to increase our chance of being invited to beta the game as a guild.

The game will have a limit of 6 players in a team so there will be no content in the game requiring 40 players such as with wow. There also won't be any wizards in the game since apparently there was only 5 at the time of the books that they're basing the game off of. There will be some pvp for those that enjoy that, but it won't be the main part of the game.

I look forward to actually crafting something that will be usefull in the game like in swg unlike it is with wow. I may even be a hobbit farmer who knows lol. :rofl:

Anyway they're getting ready for the first phase of beta to start pretty soon no doubt, but I don't expect the game to be ready for release untill say Nov. or Dec. unless they have their shit together and can get it released without bugs sooner than that.

Well if you'd like to see what the game will be like I encourage you to sign up for the beta process. It's not like you have to leave wow in order to beta the game. If you enjoy wow, by all means keep on playing it untill you're bored with it as I have become.

No I didn't give the raid instances that much of a chance, but that's because I was never interested in joining a guild of a shitload of people I don't even care about. You guys are my brothers (what happend to our sisters? lol) so I enjoy gaming with ya'll. My antisocial ways deter (sp?) me from joining in with a bunch of yahoos who are no doubt all much younger than myself and are whinny little snobs.

From what I hear even if I came back and was to join in with Red Gauntlet I'd never get to go see the end game content that I don't care about anyway since I wouldn't have the o' so special gear that is needed to be looted from the raids you must do a half million times in order to get the crap to begin with. No thanks lol. :blockhead

I tried going back to play as a horde character, but that got old after awhile as well. Especially since that character is ready to start going to the same old zones that the two factions share all the time. I've done that shit with too many characters now. Remember I was in closed beta as well.

I'm sure eventually I'll get tired of LOTRO once it comes out and I've maxed out my charachter there, but then again who knows how the end game will be with that game. I can tell you right now there won't be any mounts in the game untill their first expansion from what they've said. The only way to get from one place to the next is to walk. There will be "fast travel" via a cut scene probably with you riding a horse to different areas, but to use the fast travel you have to actually walk there to begin with the first time.

It'll be like the old swg days of walking and exploring the lands of middle earth and that's what I'm looking forward to. They're supposed to keep it as close to the lore of the books as possible so I've started to read the LOTR books to see what's really what in the world of hobbits, etc. I read the Hobbit a few years ago when the first LOTR movie came out, but this is the first time I've read the other books.

Totally different from the movie from what I've read so far. Alot more going on in the world in the books than what they showed in the movie. Anyway I encourage ya'll to sign up for the beta process and perhaps we can see what middle earth is like together as a guild.

LOTRO aka WOW2..

Looks alot like wow from what I have seen.. but who knows.

Marvin_TM

Staff member
Can't get to site

I keep trying to goto that turbine site and it won't load. Even when I do a search on google and it gives me that site it still won't load??
Post the beta sign up link if you still have it or check the main site to see if it is working for you guys..

Marvin_TM

Staff member
LOTRO

Yeah I got it to finally work, had to use opera browser because my IE sucks lately.
BTW where the hell have you been Gren?

Working 60+ hours a week (a lot of overnighters) and sleeping. And what movie was that?

Top Bottom