New messages icon not updating - FIXED!

It's all taken care of. The reason it wasn't updating itself was because the default cookie refresh setting was 15 minutes. I changed this setting to 60 seconds so that should be more manageable. You will want to make sure that you have the following set to "YES" in your Control Panel.
1. Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)
2. Browse board with cookies?

If you have these settings set to yes then when the forum logs you off after 60 seconds you will automatically be logged in. If you have these settings set to no then you will have to sign back in after 60 seconds.

Hope this helped you frickin beotches [COG]

Error

Staff member
rrr

Now we have a new problem,after you check out one thread and return they are all marked as read...There should be a setting somewhere so you can have it to where the user needs to view each thread to mark them all read...

Just informing you,I had to go through all the topics to find what was new and what wasnt...

There isn't an option like that that I have seen. Anyway, I set it back to the default of 15 minutes. I suggest that once you have read all the posts under a specific board hit the mark forum as read link which clears that board only only.

Yeah, what Error said. A thread is all the posts made to one topic. For example... This thread started with Grendel's post and as of right now ends with mine. Basically, all the posts you see on this page are considered a "thread" of posts.

Top Bottom