New Town Organization?

Should We Change the City Layout?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If we can think of a better one

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, I don't care, let's just give it up.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ethakk

Staff member
Ok, first of all perhaps we should determine if anyone wants to change the city layout?

Second of all if we are going to change what the city looks like, maybe we should get some ideas going.

This is the first idea for a layout I could think of:

+++++......\\\\\\\\
+++++......\\\\\\\\
+++++......\\\\\\\\
............CH
~~~~.......+++++
~~~~.......+++++
~~~~.......+++++

CH = City Hall
+ = Housing
~ = Factories\warehouses etc.
\ = City Buildings, Vendors, Guild Halls (Guild Halls at the outskirts...)

Thats one that I can think of and type without opening my eyes at 3:00, I just like an orderly city, which does not necessarily mean all the houses are butted up against each other in one spot as is present in some cities I've seen.

Again, I think that a reasonable short term goal would be the 35 people, (provided we can get 20 :)) at that point we get a decent amount of Trainers, Mission Terminals, decorations... and all of the city buildings except the shuttleport (which I don't really think is necessary anyway given that we are like 3 minutes away from the Theed starport) and the theatre (?).

Lastly even if the city grows to be a zillion people, if the first 35 -40 people are following a pattern we set out, it is unlikely that anyone else will come down the road become the mayor and say "well everyone who started this city had everything set out this way, but if you want to put your small naboo house in front of the city hall you're more than welcome to."

P.S. for my idea, pretend those periods aren't there.:pacman:

Top Bottom