One more day

Well, it may be that I'm they only one who even gives a shit about Splinter Cell, but if anyone else happens to, the release of the Xbox version is tommorrow! I am planning on picking it up either tommorrow or Wednesday, time permiting. Does anyone else have an Xbox? If so, are you planning on picking up Splinter Cell? Who plans on getting it for the PC? I think it comes out for PC early to mid December. I'm asking because even though it's only single player, it sure would be more fun if more than a few of us had it and could discuss it. It would also be cool to help each other out when/if we get stuck.

Soon to be $50 poorer [COG]

SPLINTER CELL: One more day

Im planning on getting it for PC upon release. Looks sweet as hell. Plus you never know if there could be a multiplayer patch after UBI asks their usual questions and polls.

Is this the game that is supposed to bring back the Rat Leader Guy from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? He was one bad ass mofo with that cane. From what you guys have said, it sounds like they are going to equip him with all kinds of tricked out gear. Any game with night vision goggles for a rat should be pretty cool. I may wait and see if they come out with a multiplayer patch though. Maybe Knox can begin working on the new Rat Ops mod...

LMAO! :sniper:

It's not "Master" Splinter Cell, it's just Splinter Cell.

Turtles suck ass [COG]

Error

Staff member

Man that would be one big ass patch...

No crap that would be a big patch. Anyway, I don't have Xbox I have PS2. I will get it for PC but not for my console. The game really does look like it's going to be pretty amazing.

I really doubt there will be a multi player patch, it just isn't that type of game. The whole point is that you are a one man unit lol. There will be new mission downloads though. It says that right on the box. Even the Xbox version will have mission downloads, if you have Xbox Live.

I have played it through the training mission and the first couple check points. So far I'd say it's amazing. The lighting effects alone are incredible. The "split jump" is cool... If you are between walls or in a hallway that is narrow enough, you hit jump, then jump again to do the splits between the walls and hold yourself up there. Maybe I can write a review of it for you guys that are debating on buying it or not, we'll see. I'd compare it to the old Playstation games Tenchu: Stealth Assassins meets Metal Gear Solid, plus the expected bonuses of a newer game.

Top Bottom