Outlook Express...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I now have a new ISP that requires authentication for outgoing smtp mail. My old ISP allowed me to piggyback but I guess the authentication came from me being dialed in to their server. Anyhow, my mail client does not allow me to modify my POP3 and SMTP login info - it's one or the other. I tried Netscape 7 and that worked fine but the program sucks major ass and is slooooowwwww. I am not using Outlook Express and that works fine for now but if there is an e-mail client that anyone else uses and really likes, PLEASE let me hear about it.

I prefer Microsoft Outlook to Outlook Express. It's more powerful. Eudora Pro is a good one as well. A lot safer than Microsoft products.

What are the differences between Outlook and Outlook Express? I don't think I've ever actually used Outlook, but it looked to me to be very similar and share the same frame work as Outlook Express. I like using Express, it does everything I think I would ever want it to, except send evil curses to people that send me spam mail, but I think that's pushing it. I used to use Eudora at school, but now I have my school e-mail fowarded to my Yahoo acount. I can't say I like Eudora much, but to each his own. Wiwi did make a good point that Eudora is NOT a Microsoft product though, which is allways a good thing. Anyway, I was basically just wondering what the main differences between Outlook and Outlook Express were. It's something I allways wondered, and never really looked into.

Outlook is useful in a networked environment. It has a calendar, contact list, and other various features that you can share with other users. You can delegate tasks and email to other people too. I use Outlook Express at home because I just want email, but we use Outlook at the office.

Gotcha. I get it now. Thanks S. Diddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom