PA Hall Update

I have about 10k of the ore that we need for the hall, and I am assuming that Point and I will have the 35k total by Sunday. The last main resource we will then need is the 12k of steel. If Point is on tonight then I will get with him and discuss what is the most efficient way to get the remaining resources.

I found a guy who is about to make master architect that will build the hall for around 75k. Considering that these bad boys sell for 250-300k that isn't a bad deal at all. Since Point and I have spent time and money gathering the resources, I think that should count for our contribution. As for everyone else, a 12.5k contribution (based on the other 6 people that play) would be needed. I am not sure what everyone's money situation is, but if this is feasible/acceptable, please post here. The credits probably won't be needed until next week.

Scudd

I'd be willing to contribute monitarily as well if needed. I'll check my hoppers and see what I've harvested. If I can do a few missions and make a little cash, I'll probably be able to put up my other harvestor and start on the metal.

Mandarr

Staff member
Sounds good to me, but perhaps we should put in at least 25k a piece so that we have some credits for the upkeep right away when it's built. Then we'll need to constantly keep making payments at least weekly to keep the Hall going. :)

That's a good idea. Any idea how much it costs for the upkeep?

I sold some of the ore I had harvested for the hall last night for 3 credits per unit. It was a quick 30k, and allowed me to put two more harvestors up on the ore. The only question I have right now is....

Do we really need a PA Hall at this stage in the game? Is everyone prepared to make a contribution both to the initial purchase and to the constant maintenance? Is creating a guild at this stage in the game going to do anything more for us that put some letters after our name?

I personally don't want to keep track of who has paid what, and I also don't want the hall to take up any of my building/harvestor slots. That may sound selfish, but I only have 8 slots to use, and they are already all full. I personally think that we should wait and meet some more people in game that are willing to form a guild at some point. That way the initial cost and maintenance won't be so great (per person) when spread among more people.

Scudd

I agree with that. Doesn't sound selfish at all. I think that we should wait until we are all willing/able to make the guild hall happen.

I'm down with that. For me, it was a personal goal to get the PA hall up. That was when I wanted to be the one who made it, lol. Now, since I'm not going the architect route, it's not as important to me personaly.

As for other members, I'm ok with letting others in on a few simple rules. One is that admitance into the guild does not guarantee admitance into COG. I'm not saying guild members can't join us as a brother/sister, but, if we ever to get past this game lol, a COGer should be one that plays multiple games with us.

An idea I had to take the burden off of our shoulders for covering the costs of the hall was to charge membership fees, either as a one time fee to join, or a periodical fee. I'm not sure if that's something we can pull off or not. I don't know if people would want to join if they had to pay. Maybe we can look into some other guilds and see how they run.

Does anyone know if vendors have fees or anything I would have to pay if I created one? I was thinking of setting up a medical supplies vendor either in my house, or Scudd's if he would be ok with it. That could help cover some costs, as well as get me some medical crafting XP.

I would imagine that most PA's are charging a monthly fee from each member for maintenance costs on the hall. That's just a guess though. As far as the vendor thing goes, I think you need a certain skill in the business class, and I don't have any issues with anyone putting vendor's up in the compound. I wouldn't want it to get cluttered in there though! (Gotta keep my house tidy...)

I doubt that you can put a vendor in my house though. It wouldn't make much sense that you would be able to if you can't even store stuff there.

Top Bottom