Renaming IE's title bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a TweakXP.com article. I changed mine to | POWERED BY GRENDEL |
<hr>
I don't know if anyone else posted this (the one that works on all Windows (I hope) as long as you have IE 5.5 up). nor what category I so'pose to post this under.. so here it goes.

Have you ever got sick and tired of seeing "Microsoft Internt Explore" as the title bar for IE?? Ever wanted to change it so it'll say something like "Microsoft can go stringht to hell" or something?? Well now you can, ever since IE 5.5 (I believe). And it should work with all Windows system that has IE 5.5 up. So how do you do it?? Well...I have made a program that would do it for you but I'm currently updateing it so that it'll work with XP (and also so that you could also rename your Recycle Bin ;) ).

1) Go to Start>Run... (or WindowsKey+R) and type "regedit" (without the quotes).
2) Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
3) Now the part to see if you have the string "Window Title"...if you don't have it, make a new string (Edit>New>String Value) and name it "Window Title" (without the quotes).
4)In there, type whatever you want in there (like, for me, I put Simonsoft Internet Explorer) and click OK and restart IE (if you had IE opened)

If done corrrectly, you should see that Microsoft Internet Explorer had been renamed to the one you sent it to. If it doesn't, check to make sure you spelled the string correctly (if you had to create one) or refollow the steps, but when you get to step 2, go to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main then contune on with the instrations.

Tweak written by or based on information submitted by Michael

Copyright © 2001-2002 TweakXP.com

Cool, I think I'll try that one! :tuaca:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom