RIS armor goes LIVE next patch.

Thunderheart stopped by with today's Friday Feature! Take a look:

This Armorsmith Quest will going live with this next patch and its very exciting! There is a Master Armorsmith out there in the galaxy who will train Master Armorsmiths, step by step in an exciting contextual quest, how to create this brand new type of armor. This new armor is unique and new to the SWG galaxy and will be highly prized by warriors.

When you start seeing this new armor, be sure to check its attributes because it has an extra sheath layer and its ability to fend of major types of combat it formidable.

Here's the quest info from the site!

Today's Friday Feature is an intercepted transmission recovered from a Bothan Spy. It tells of a rare and powerful armor and of the Master Armoursmith who can teach others how to craft this armor:

*crackle*...I heard him speak of a Master Armoursmith...a Bothan who holds the secret of Reinforced Insulated Sheath Armor. It is rumored that he can teach Armoursmiths how to make this ancient warrior's armor. The legend says that warriors can use this armor to protect themselves in combat against great and powerful beasts and against...** He told me that the Master Armoursmith is on...Dantooine.

After close inspection of the information we were recovered from the disk, experts say that RIS armor is a new type of armor in the galaxy with exciting attributes and characteristics:

* The armor supports multiple layers
* Has an additional armor sheath layer to reduce armor weight
* High impact armor that is useful for melee combatants
* Unique, exciting look

This is an exciting new quest for Armoursmiths. There is a clue in the transmission that tells players where they can begin the quest and once players find the Master Armoursmith, he will teach players how to craft the armor step-by-step.

Good Luck!

Sounds awesome! For more info, see our previous report on RIS armor, RIS Armor: Complete Lowdown & Screenshot. (Scroll down until you find the news header for Wednesday, October 15 or perform a text search for the RIS headline.)

Ok here is the deal:

Firstly, he gives you the schmatic for a RIS armor segment.

Items for need for the Segment:
For strength, they require bone fragments from a Woolamander Harrower.
For flexibility, they require the hide of a Recluse Gurk King.

You need to make 1 segment and then take it back to him.

Then he gives you the schmatic for the RIS armor Layer.

Items you need for a RIS layer:
Feathers from the rare Peko Peko Albatross

Like all armorlayers, it'll work with any armor segment, making even those inferior armor types better. Again you need to make 1 layer and take it back to him.

Then he gives you the schmatic for the RIS boots.

Items you need for RIS boots.
Scales from a Giant Dune Kimogila.

Take them back, and he'll give you the schmatics for the rest of the armor.

So in conclusion.
You more, a LOT more then 1 of each looted item, and you don't just 'pay' him for the schmatics, you have to EARN them too.
Also dont bother asking where I got this Info. I just know it. Also dont ask where the hermit is.
Hope It clears up ANY confusion.

I think I want some of this armor, so I'm offering to help Q, err Salur, find and obtain this stuff. I hear it has AMAZING kinetic resistence.

Gren and I were in search of the elusive albatross for a few days. We bagged a couple of giant chubas, but no feather. I am definitely down for hunting these components out. I guess this is part of the player driven content...

This really sounds outstanding! More quests should be set up this way.

Yes.. this quest sounds EQ style.. long and demanding.. but what it does is 'set' goals that we might want to accomplish or not. I feel more of these will come out.. /wishing at least... 'real quests'

Qman

I totally agree. If gives the people that are done leveling up (at least for the time being) something to strive for. I think it helps take some of the monotony ou tof the game. I realize that these quests are going to be almost as hard as becoming a Jedi to finish (at least they are seeming that way) but they should be pretty fun and at least give us something to do.

Top Bottom