RIS Armor

"Armorsmith - Slightly increased the crafting effectiveness ranges on Padded, Composite, and RIS armor segments." -In Development

The O-Boards have a ton of info concerning the new and very rare armor type known as RIS Armor, which is at least partially installed on the Test Center. Obtaining this armor involves completing a quest provided by a certain elusive Hermit on the planet Dantooine - an NPC that has yet to be found. By completing the Hermit's quest, a Master Armorsmith will allegedly receive the schematic(s) for RIS armor as his reward. The armor looks like a cross between a Samurai and a Stormtrooper, with higher effectiveness ratings and lower encumbrance than Composite.

* Screenshot: Full Suit of RIS (Note the Double-Bladed Lightsaber!)
* Full In-Game Item Description: "R.I.S Armor is a heavy, but flexible armor which can be crafted by only the most proficient armorsmiths. Armor can vary greatly in its effectiveness depending on the type of materials used and the quality of the armorsmith. To wear this armor, double click on it from your inventory. This type of armor has encumbrance and will decrease some of your maximum statistics when worn."
* Armor Rating: Medium (not verified)

Once you've met the Hermit and completed his quest, your next task will be to become properly equipped with the appropriate components. You'll need to find the following creature loot items in order to construct the armor (and, once again, be a Master Armorsmith to boot):

* armor segment: hide of a Recluse Gurk King (Destroy a Gurk lair and the last spawn should be a Gurk King)
* armor segment: bone fragments from a Woolamander Harrower (Yavin 4, the Temple in the NW corner of map is the only place to find these; easily camped)
* armor layer: feathers from the rare Peko Peko Albatross (Naboo, try SW of Kadaara)
* armor: scales from a Giant Dune Kimogila (Lok)

Thanks to Ris, SillySOB and all those who submitted info!

Heheh.. this quest sounds more like EQ style just in case you wanted to know.

Error

Staff member
I think the armor is ugly but would probably look cool in black or blue.

Yeah, I'm not digging the color, but the shape and style is cool. I kinda like the whole Samurai (sp?) looking thing.

Top Bottom