Star Wars and Bioware

Mandarr

Staff member
Isn't Bioware the company that made Knight of the Old Republic? If so, will this be the year they announce a KTOR MMO game? God I hope so, I miss the Star Wars universe, but SWG serioustly screwed up their game so I'm wating to play a new one. Sure there'd be alot of people running around being Jedi's in the KOTR MMO, but there'd also be alot of other people willing to be other classes too. I'd probably go pistoleer if possible. That game would rock more than swg ever did! I'd go back to being a Trandoshan too damnit! Lizzards kick ass!

Posting this thread makes me want to reinstall KOTR, but I'm not sure where it is lol. Not only that, but the last time I had it installed, I couldn't even figure out how to get off the starter planet lol. Would any of you be interested in playing a KOTR MMO if they make one? I'd be there with you or without you, but it'd be more fun with you lol.

Ethakk

Staff member
They were talking about an "undisclosed Star Wars based MMORPG" in an article I was reading but something that ambiguous seems like it would be well into the future unfortuneately.

Mandarr

Staff member
Well I was just reading the latest news on mmorpg.com and they said a guy from electronic arts (who apparently bought bioware) said they are in deed developing a Knights of the Old Republic Online game.

Error

Staff member
I'm just wanting Killzone2 for the PS3 to hurry up and hit the market.

Ethakk

Staff member
"EA CEO John Riccitiello revealed the game in speaking to Conde Nast's Portfolio.com. Riccitiello said that Ea has 'two of the most compelling MMOs in the industry in development. The first title, based on the Warhammer property, will launch soon. And the one that people are dying for us to talk to them about in partnership with Lucas [Arts is] coming out of Bioware, which is, I think, quite possibly the most-anticipated game, full stop, for the industry at the point when we get closer to telling you about it.' When asked if he was referring to a KOTOR MMO, Riccitiello replied, 'yes.'"

By the way, why isn't it KotoR instead? See what I told you about reading Mantard.

Error

Staff member
If and when they ever do get a KOTOR MMO out I hope they have similar systems to what SWG had. Player based towns, crafting,gathering,etc.

I was wealthy in that game and it took away the annoyance of having to deal with money issues.

Ethakk

Staff member
So long as they make it more player based in any regard I really couldn't care less, those "content" patches like the one Blah's mentioned are bullshit. "Oh my God a new HAT" is a poor substitute for a player being able to make thousands of items.

Mandarr

Staff member
I know Dragonetti went through the game at least twice that I know of. I played some, but then forgot where I was and when I started playing again. I'd reinstalled windows and had to start over. Then for the life of me I couldn't figure out what I'd done before to get off the starter planet lol.

Error

Staff member
I played the kotor games and they were pretty good at the time. They were pretty easy to beat and the story wasnt all too great but fun to run through.

Top Bottom