SWAT4 Release?

Did it come out yesterday? Does anyone have it yet? Some places I looked at said it was to be released Tuesday (4/5) but noone seems to have it yet. Other places list the release date to be Thursday (4/7). I was just wondering if any of you guys grabbed it.

From what I heard, it was released yesterday, and should be in stores tomarrow, those who pre-ordered it from VUG have it I think, but I dont know that for sure.

Mandarr

Staff member
My local Best Buy didn't have it in when I went there a few minutes ago, but said they'd just got a truck in so it might be on that shipment. I may give EB Games a call and see if they have it, but I'd rather toss it on my BB card.

:chimp3:

Mandarr

Staff member
Well it's looking as though Best Buy won't have it untill the 7th now from what it says on their website. So I won't have it untill tomorrow or Friday myself now.

Oh well, hell ya'll are going to have to teach me the tactics anyway since I don't already know how to do it lol. I guess I'll just play a little RON for now heh.

RoN!!!!!!!!

COG + Tactics = hasnt happened in years lol.. yall are gonna have to relearn after all those damn MMO games =P. Corse after playing CoD and RoN all the time.. im pretty much in the same boat *sigh*

I picked it up at EB Games today, but there isn't a soul on TS. Mandarr's name is there, but I guess he is either eating a sammich or has RON turned up so loud he can't hear me...

Scudd

What are you talking about scudd.. error and mandarr are the "afk" masters -.-.

Mandarr

Staff member
I must've been at Error's bar lol. That's where Marvin found me last night. I plan to go pick up a copy here this afternoon.

Error

Staff member
I'm a little late in the thread but I ran around to a bunch of stores and made a bunce of calls and couldnt find the game anywhere on the 5th or 6th. Everyone kept saying they either never heard of it or it wont be releaed until te 7th...

I got it today after I went Dynamic on some hoochie at Best Buy that told me they didn't have it. She went into the back and came back after 2 minutes and said they didn't have it. Funny thing is that I called earlier and she told me they had 8 and when I mentioned that to her she was like, "oh, that was you?". Anyway, her manager went in the back and found it.

Has anyone played it yet.....how does it compare to swat 3? Honestly I dont care too much about graphics improvements, but for gameplay, I hope its as good or better than swat3.....

Anyone tried it yet?

Error

Staff member
It's not bad,alot like swat3 with a couple new nuts and bolts but it is also missing a couple nuts and bolts. Overall I'd say it's comparable but as of yet it dosent have the mod or map base that swat3 has so thats is holding it back...

Yes, it is true. Thanks to experimentation by TacticalGamerz.com, 10 Player coop games are possible. However it comes with a price that some people may not be willing to pay.

Here is the process: Edit your SwatGUIState.ini file by changing all the necessary settings for cooperative gameplay and choose your maps. Next you must set the MaxPlayers=10 and then change the properties of the file to READ ONLY.

The big problem with using this workaround is that if you go into your server GUI and try to change any settings the server will revert back to the default max 5 players. According to the guys over at TacticalGamerz.com if your server is non-dedicated then you can change some settings using the console but unfortunately most console commands don't work on a dedicated server. With the this workaround you are forced to make server changes in the .ini file.

The other big problem is the obvious issue of server load. You may want to experiment what is best for your server because perhaps 10 players is too high of a number. You may have to limit it to 8 players or less depending on your bandwidth, etc. The size of the maps is also an issue. Some maps are extremely crowded with 10 players.

Thanks also goes to SAS_Trp_Noah and the SAS clan who also emailed that they too had made the same discovery. However TacticalGamerz.com was the first to discover this as far as I know.

Got all of that from http://www.swat-4.com/

I tried it, and it works. I also tested joining a server that only allowed 5 players with my altered file, and I was able to join it and play normally.

hey dude...

Hi guys.... SWAT4 is released... any one of you will be playing it? I want to play the multi player again like the good ol' days :)

Hey Wiwi! A bunch of us got it and we play almost every night. The server is usually named Clan|)estine Ops and the password is yoda. Hope to see you on.

Re: hey dude...

Originally posted by Wiwien
Hi guys.... SWAT4 is released... any one of you will be playing it? I want to play the multi player again like the good ol' days :)

OMFG!!! ITS WIWI!!!! How ya been wiwi?

Like me.. one of the original COG =P, back in the days of SWAT3 and what not.

Top Bottom