Top 25 NCAA Football Rankings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandarr

Staff member
Are fucked. They take Iowa out last week after WINNING and then still keep them out after WINNING again this week. I wonder what their reasons will be when they beat Penn State again in a couple weeks. (hopefully) I predict Penn State will STAY in the top 25 afterwards and Iowa will still be nowhere to be found. Since of course Iowa won't be ranked when they play them that is. Unless they allow them back into the top 25 after defeating Arizona next week. Hell at this point I'll be surprised if they even allow Iowa to play in a bowl game this year even if they're eligible.

I wouldn't be objecting so much if they had actually LOST, but they WON the damned games and still were taken out of the top 25? WTF?! BS I say, BS! :13:

Their schedule isn't exactly powder puff opponents either.

Error

Staff member
It's only week two and Iowa had a very close game with an FCS team (formerly known as division 1-AA) so the drop was expected. This last weekend Iowa beat up on one of the weakest BCS conference teams in the nation so many werent expecting a jump either.

Either way I wouldnt put too much stock in to the polls right now considering it's only week two and the season has yet to unfold. I see Husker fans bitching about this stuff as well and complaining about where certain AP voters are ranking us but it's a pointless complaint. They shouldnt bitch about the AP because it plays no role in the BCS ratings anymore so it's pretty much a worthless poll these days. The coaches poll is just fubar all around even though it's still factored in the the BCS ratings. Iowa wouldnt be the only team getting screwed around by the coaches so until the BCS rankings come out I'd hold my complaints.

Penn State wouldnt drop out either because they're pretty high up in the ratings so it would take a several losses for them to drop out of the polls.

BTW, if Iowa wins atleast 6 games then voter rankings play no role in thier bowl placement. Thier conference affiliation and bowl tie ins would take effect at that point and they would be placed based on that, not the rankings. Rankings only matter to get #1 vs #2 these days, conference affiliation and bowl tie ins take up the rest of the decisions.

Mandarr

Staff member
Yeah I suppose. When do the BCS rankings come out? I just remember two years ago Iowa qualified with 6 games for a bowl game and didn't get an invite.

By the way, do you pay to see those forums at the rivals.com? That's too much money every month for forums if you ask me.

Error

Staff member
6 wins don't always guarantee a bowl invite depending on the factors involved in the selection process. I guess it would depend on where Iowa ranked in the Big-10. If they already had thier teams selected for their bowl tie ins and there wasnt any room for Iowa then they probably wont be selected if they're the lowest man on the titem pole. Since Iowa travels well that wouldnt be an issue with any bowl selection so I would have to assume it was a lowest man on the totem pole situation.

It's a little bit more complicated than a bowl just randomly selectiong any team they want. Certain bowl are obligated to pick certain teams from certain conferences. The Cotton Bowl for example is tied in to the B12 and the SEC so you get two of those teams against each other based on where they rank within thier conferences. There is a little more to it than just that but thats a short example of how things work.

As for Rivals, some do pay for the "insider" service which I don't do because it's pretty much good for nothing more than getting information a couple days earlier than usual. There are some real insiders who post over there who use free accounts and have valid sources from inside the Nebraska athletic department. I have a buddy over there who is one and he has very reliable information so I don't see the need to pay for information coming out by Rivals when I can just meet people on the website and get better information from them.

You arent require to pay for the free boards though..

Mandarr

Staff member
yeah I saw that main forum was free apparently, but the main team forums all wanted money lol.

Error

Staff member
Team specific sites have free boards as well, you just have to know which ones are the free boards. The main free board on Hawkeye Report would be the "football recruiting" board, other than that it's either not free or has little to no traffic.

Mandarr

Staff member
ah ok very cool, I'll have to check that one to see what people are saying then. The stuff I was clicking on wouldn't tell me anything unless I would pay to see it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom