Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Mandarr

Staff member
Well I went and bought Vanguard today for $20 and am going to play the free 30 days I have. If anyone else wants to try it I have a buddy key good for a 10 day free trial.

Mandarr

Staff member
Upon further review of the game I'm not sure how much I'll like it really. The death penalty takes alot of xp away from you when you die unless you go back to your gravesite which will give you almost half that xp back. That's from level 7 on I guess.

I haven't even been able to play the game yet, it's still updating damnit. All total it's going to take about 6 hours to update the friggin game.

Mandarr

Staff member
Well, while the world looks good and all that jazz. I do find the framrates do flucuate quite a bit while moving around. The game is very taxing on a computer. I haven't even been to a populated city yet so I don't know what will happen then.

I went back into the game this morning and tried to level a little, but I'm not sure where to go to level my character. The quest I'm on wants me to attack things 2 levels above me. Not sure how well that's going to go over yet.

I'll play the game for a month, but so far I haven't been too excited to play it for more than that. God I hope we can play a Star Wars mmorpg soon again. These fantasy games are getting too old.

Mandarr

Staff member
I've already cancelled the game, but I still have the 10 day buddy key if any of ya'll are interested in trying it out for a few days. I reached level 7 and now if I die, since my armor isn't soulbound to me because I bought it off of a vendor instead of making it myself or buying it from another player, when I die my armor will stay at my gravesite untill I come back to it and get it back.

So what happens if I am in a bad spot when I die and I can't get back to my gravesite? I lose my armor and I'm totaly butt naked and have no money to buy new armor. I don't mind losing a little xp and having to go back to my gravesite for stuff that was in my inventory, but I don't want to have to go back just to get my armor or a weapon or such. I'm not into the hardcore gaming like the people that play that game I guess. I'm more of a carebear player lol.:troy:

Ethakk

Staff member
So you just got the game and you're already being a pussy about fighting anything "hard" and now you've already cancelled it. This was a very interesting little dramatic monologue, thanks Mandarr :wink:

Top Bottom