Warhammer Online beta

Mandarr

Staff member
If you want to apply for the Warhammer Online beta go there before they stop taking applications. This game will probably be alot like WoW no doubt, but I'll see what it's like I guess. I wish there was another game like SWG pre CU damnit. Here's the link ...

https://betacenter.eamythic.com/signup.php

Looks as though this is another Mythic game. I remember long ago doing the Dark Age of Camelot beta for them. That was well before SWG came out though. Nothing compares to the SWG of old with the skill system and such. Man those were the days. I'm sorry I ever wasted my time grinding for Jedi, but at least it gave me the opprotunity to try out all the professions in the game before they fucked it all up lol. Some people are working on an emulator for pre combat upgrade SWG and if they ever get it working right I'll go play with them in a heartbeat. If SOE were to just make a pre combat upgrade server I'd go back and play it again there. I'd be willing to start from scratch again too lol.

Here's another interesting game that you can apply for beta. Something called God's and Heroes: Rome Rising. Worth taking the time to try I guess at least.

http://community.godsandheroes.com/betasignup/

Good luck.

I signed up for both but the freaking validation process is a pain in the freaking ass! I have to run dxdiag from my main machine to validate the first beta sign up and every fucking account name I chose for the second was taken....even Mandard!

Mandarr

Staff member
another game accepting beta applications is Age of Conan. here is the link...

http://beta1.ageofconan.com/beta_application/

Mandarr the barbarion!

*UPDATE* I was checking the requirements for this game and it seems they say you should be able to run Oblivion on your computer to play the game. I'm not sure mine would handle Oblivion right now so I'll probably have to upgrade before they'd allow me into beta. Unfortuneatly my big screen tv still needs to be fixed. Not only is the color going out of it all the time for some reason, but the speakers are fucked up now as well. I can't afford to buy a new tv right now and I'm not sure how much it will be to fix the tv. I would like to get it all done before I buy new parts for a new computer, but who knows lol.

Mandarr

Staff member
Found a couple more games that are going to start or have started their beta's. One is Pirates of the Burning Sea....

http://www.burningsea.com/pages/page.php?pageKey=explore

The other game is space based and sort of a first person shooter type instead. Made by the same guy that made Ultima Online. It's called Tabula Rasa...

http://www.rgtr.com/beta/index.html

I'm going to sign up for both of them. Not sure if my computer is up to par for any of these games I've applied for beta though. I may have to upgrade sooner than I'd hoped to in order to get into the beta's.

Ethakk

Staff member
Way to suck Mandarr, I told you about the Warhammer Online beta signups over a week ago..

ps. Grend sucks too.

Mandarr

Staff member
I guess I never heard ya Ethakk. I was just reading about the game though. Sounds interesting I guess. I'm considering trying the burning crusade expansion just because I'm bored and want to play a game and there isn't anything else worth playing right now. I don't think I'll bother unless one of ya want to group up and play an alt or something though. Dragonetti says I should play my hunter and I've heard there's new pets you can get huh? I'll be online later tonight and see if you're on teamspeak then to talk with ya about the game some. Going to go watch some tv I've taped and then I want to see a couple shows on tonight. Most tv this summer sucks ass though and I'm getting bored with it for sure. I need something entertaining to do damnit. I don't want to get into raiding dungeons though for two or three hours at a time. I just want to level up something and see what's new for quests and the zones I guess. Perhaps I'll join ya'll's guild if you can get me in it. Then I could group up with others if ya'll aren't online at the time. Perhaps later tonight I'll install this 14 day trial dvd and see what it's like. I'll have alot of updateing to do though since I haven't played wow for about 6 months or so now.

Mandarr

Staff member
Was just looking into installing that trial dvd and found out it's only for 10 days instead of 14. Not only that, but you can only level a character up to just about 61 is all so fuck that shit. I may go buy the expansion here in a bit just to fuck around for awhile. I've got nothing better to do right now.

Mandarr

Staff member
Well I went and bought the burning crusade now. Installing it as I write this. I'll play it at least for the next month since I'll have to reactivate my old account to play. Perhaps I'll try out the new newbie zones with a couple new characters to see what those are like too.

Mandarr

Staff member
I'm not impressed with the burning crusade and have already cancelled my account so it won't renew. Although this may make Ethakk mad, I am entitled to my oppinion. The game seems just like it was at 60 to me. I'm ready for something new and fresh. I doubt I'll enjoy warhammer either since it's mostly pvp based from what I've read. I guess my only hope is for age of conan or tabula rasa. Maybe I'm just totally fed up with mmorpgs as a whole.

Ethakk

Staff member
Don't single me out. You played for about two hours and by "played" I mean you got on and followed Error around. Towards that end I stand by what I said, if you expect bullshit that's what you'll get, you get out of it what you put into it....see where I'm going with this? As for your opinion of course you're entitled to it, but that doesn't entitle you to complain incessantly from the get go and bring everyone else down. All you said from the beginning (ie. during those couple of hours) is whine about how you didn't want to raid, how you didn't even have fun in the five mans we did, but even five mans in general. I guess when it comes right down to it I question why you went out and bought the game in the first place?

Seriously man, lighten up. Your previous post didn't have one possitive or even neutral thing in it you didn't like the expansion and you won't like Warhammer is there anything you would like to play if there is please let us know.

Mandarr

Staff member
I'm not really sure. I'm still burned out on games I guess.

I bought the game because I thought I may enjoy it for awhile untill one of these other games came out. I was wrong. I'm not trying to bring anyone fucking down dude. If ya'll want to be wow fanbois that's your right. I on the other hand don't enjoy the game any longer so I guess either my Nephew will be playing his new character or the game won't be being played on my computer. I can't hardly have Error do the quests he's already done over again just to help me out. I'm not in the game enough to keep up with his leveling so I'm already behind in the game.

Ethakk said:
Way to suck Mandarr, I told you about the Warhammer Online beta signups over a week ago..

ps. Grend sucks too.

Wa, wa, waaaaaaaaa.Piss Left

I quit playing WoW because I got tired of seeing all of my family members online all the fucking time! Can you help with this, can you send me gold, can you spend your one freaking hour of free time to run me through the deadmines again on the 5th character I started this week, can you help me level this character I really want this piece of (insert weapon, pet, armor name here), and oh btw, this is a trial account so this character will be gone tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! My freaking sister plays the game in excess of 63 hours a week!!!! That's 13 hours longer than what I put in at work most of the time and she does it for freaking free!!!!!!! I hate WoW because it stole my family from me!!!!!!!

So, what's up folks? How have you all been? Anyone heard from Pointman or Lock? LMFAO!!!!!! I haven't posted in so long I had to make a rambling post.

Seriously, I don't have it in me to play any game for too long. I spend most of my computer time on my laptop and in fact, I haven't used my desktop for more than 5 hours total in the last 2 months. I have been involved in a lot of forums and have been having fun beta testing the new TiVo services.

Ethakk

Staff member
Good to know I'm a fucking fanboi for the two days a week I do a three hour raid, you bitch about everything Mandarr, Company of Heroes is too hard, Warhammer will suck, WoW does suck, You have Rainbow Six: Vegas but haven't bothered to install it even though I told you at least half a dozen times I'd go play it with you, I've got a stack of games here I'd play for an hour at a time but you don't want to. You didn't get on to bring everyone down, well I didn't intend to run anyone over while I was driving down the sidewalk either I just wanted to go faster.

P.S. Grend sucks, Company of Heroes is fun, and I'm just killing time until something better comes along i.e. the CoH expansion, Starcraft II, someone else gets Supreme Commander or anything else. So get something to play fool.

I have an illegit copy of SupCom, CoH, and also Vegas, wait, think about the only legit game I have on my PC is ArmA <_<.

<3 SWG PreCU, it was like the SWAT3 of MMOs, nothing can compare to how good it was, and just like SWAT3, it was beat with a metal pole, ran over and then shot in the head a few times. Id never go back to an SOE ran SWG though.

Mandarr

Staff member
I was waiting for Marvin to buy rainbow six vegas before playing it now. He said he was looking for it to be on sale. As for company of heroes, yes it's too hard for me. I suck at it.

Top Bottom