What does "proc" mean?

I'm sure it's something real simple, but for some reason, I don't get it. I see this word used a lot concerning weapons. To the best of what I can figure out, it has something to do with some sort of buff or enhancement to your weapon. For instance, warlocks get this new thing called a firestone that we can make, and I think it adds to the chance that our main hand weapon (the firestone has to be equiped in out off hand) will do fire damage. I also notice the description of intelect says something about the more intelect you have, the more chance your weapon has to "proc."

I just want to know what it means, and if it's short for something, what is it short for? (i.e. "crit" is short for critical hit)

Error

Staff member
it means weapons with certain special effects will kick in every so often so your fire dot will 'proc' or 'kick in' every so often during battle..

Q: What does "proc" mean? Sorry to ask such a newb question.

A: Everyone is a newb at first. Every grab bag has questions that seem simplistic to game veterans, but new players join the world every week. Don’t be sorry, and suggest to anyone sneering at your question on a message board… whatever you’d like to suggest they do with such an enormous amount of free time.

The answer is it’s short for "process," a term for a triggered action. You swing your sword, and that action may trigger a process.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They called you a newb...

Scudd

Cool, thanks to both of you. I thought after playing SWG I had been exposed to most of the MMORPG terms, but I guess SWG doesn't have any weapon "procs" hehe.

Noob For Life [COG]

Top Bottom