XP Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to turn off that annoying ass popup box that shows up after something crashes:

Right click My Computer, select Properties, select Advanced, select Error Reporting and check the Disable error reporting box.

This is the one that comes up Send or Don't Send.

Scudd

Mandarr

Staff member
Yes thank you, I was reading something somewhere where they'd said that Microsoft could possibly get information on pirated software from users from sending in those reports.

Yeah they say it is confidential, but it includes your IP and product key for XP. Since they know exactly who that product key belongs to (stolen or otherwise), I don't consider that to be too confidential.

Apparently P-whore and G-oytch already knew this crucial information but were unwilling to share it with the group. Tsk tsk...

Scudd

Hahaha! I didn't know anybody wanted to know that. Do you have any other questions for the All Seeing Buckeye? ($1 fee still stands)

Nothing is free [COG]

I got an XP Tip for ya!

Don't go messin with certain settings like bios and certain administrative settings unless you have System Restore on and have set a recent restore point!

I killed my OS! I couldn't even reinstall Windows. I had to install a brand new Hard Drive (which I just happened to have laying around) and set up my old 'C' drive as a secondary drive just so I could install XP and pull my critical data off of the 'C' drive. Then I had to reformat my 'C', delete the partition and then set it back up as my primary drive and reinstall XP.

Only good thing is that my system definately needed a good cleaning and it gave me the excuse I needed to finally partition my drives the way I want them. My system is running A LOT faster now as well. Anyhow, i'm back to gaming tonight!

A, C, D, E, F, G, H, drive's [COG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom