#1 in West, Record Book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2002-2003 NHL 82-game Season is over. The Stars are #1 in the Western Conference (Toughest Conference) with a record of 46-17-15-2. Stars have won 28 times at home this season and only lost 5 times at home. With only 8 teams seeded in the West, we are the Top seed.
Stars' Goaltender Marty Turco ended the season by hitting the lowest mark in Goals-Against-Average (GAA) with an average of 1.72, besting Joe Esposito who has been at the top in that Record book since he put his in '76-'77 season with a GAA of 1.77. No other goalie since then has beaten it, until now. Turco smashed the record by a number of shutouts and limited Goals allowed. This season was his first season as the No. 1 Goaltender for the Stars.
Oddly enough the Stars play in the opening round the Edmonton Oilers who are the eighth-seed. This will be the 6th time in 7 years they will face the Oilers. This season the Oilers lost alot of their great and tough players, so it looks a little nicer.
With Home-Ice-Advantage and the Top Seed, we will be moving in strong when the playoffs open up this Wednesday. GO STARS!

Until, if they even make it past Detroit, they play Boston. Then they will go home empty handed.

How does a great team such as Detroit lose to Chicago at the Red Wings' prime of their season? With a huge game such as that to play for and their performance of "Oh we got the 3rd goal, they won't come back" show of how dedicated they really are in showing their potential in what they want? And Boston? Who cares about Boston? The real underdog would not be the Bruins out East, it would be the Tampa Bay Lightning. As odd as it is, they are potentially deadly and not to be taken lightly like most teams would take them. That is how they have had one of their greatest seasons and that is how they have come out of the season seeded as #3. The Bruins have a tough team to beat to earn credibility amongst others out east. If they do get past the New Jersey Devils some how, it will be a shock to me. But anything can happen in the playoffs. The main matchup out east that I will be watching for pure enjoyment will be the Flyers/Leafs matchup. Fmr. Stars coach Hitchcock and Fmr. Goalie Ed Belfour will create tension amongst teams and possibly fights and a great round.
Anyways, many teams that have never been here before or haven't in a long time resemble that of the past San Jose Sharks - Team Killers who check and aggravate the hell out of you all while scoring at the same time. First Detriot needs to not take the Ducks lightly - which i know they will. The Ducks are lethal on Power Play and on defense. If the Stars ever to end up with facing Detriot, the overrated goaltender they have never has been all that great with the Leafs from years past. I don't see him as suddenly changed in a year's difference. Stars would advance past the Red Wings, but it would be tough, i'll give it that. Farthest I think it would get to is a Game 6. And if old Detroit does extend it to a Game 7, we have Home-Ice advantage. We also have the best Home Record, hint: would be a lot of pressure on Detroit. Point is, we have more speed, better forecheck, defense, special teams, and goaltending. But that is just a scenario if we ever DO play the Red Wings. The Playoffs will be very interesting this year. Stay tuned.

Hi, I'm Scudd McClure! You may remember me from such movies as "I didn't read the above post and saved 15 minutes of my life."

:troy:Scudd:troy:

Doh! I started reading it and lost 2 minutes. Then I noticed Troy down there and skipped to that one instead. Thanks Mr. McClure...you saved me 13 minutes.:nworthy:

I have since subscibed to Scudd McClure's time saving techniques with his limited time "Platinum CD" offer through the Home Shopping Network and saved myself 13.5 minutes! THANKS Mr. McClure!

7 Minute Abs [COG]

Originally posted by Knox
I have since subscibed to Scudd McClure's...

Don't forget about my next movie, "K-dawg: The story of the man who couldn't spell subscribed."

:DTwo bags with one thread [COG]:D

And the Scudder always keeps up with the new Hotness. I hear ya bro, been busy myself. I will get RS as soon as i'm out of the work-a-holic mode I am in. Hope to chat later with you bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom