10 MORE TD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
70-10. Put that in your Huskerpedia and smoke it!

Can our defense get some love?

:DScudd:D

Error

Staff member
Well it was an ass whooping and all but I cant give tech credit for defense when Nebraska averages about 5 interceptions per game. They played awesome on offense, I knew somewhere along the line nebraska would shoot the old foot against a team with a striking offense and it would hurt.

David finally beat goliath [COG]

4 of the 5 interceptions were in the 2nd half, 3 of those 4 in the 4th quarter. Nebraska averaged 1.75 interceptions per game before and 2.4 after the Tech game. Using interceptions rather than acknowledging our defense is pretty lame man!

Hold on to the past, because the worst loss in Nebraska history will sting for a long while. Lick your wounds and we will see you again in a couple of years...

:DScudd:D

Error

Staff member
How is it lame? Interceptions has been a huge down fall for Nebraska this year. We have gotten 4 or more interceptions in EVERY game we played this year and it has led us down a bad road so far. We have a QB who is very predictable and is known to run scripted playes rather than reading the defense and making a wise choice. If you ever played madden foorball and you choose a pass play to where is scripted and you are set on which receiver you throw to then you will throw alot more interceptions.

I would go so far to say northern Illinois has a good defense yet they snagged up about 5 or 6 of our passes, they just didnt have the offense to take advantage of it like tech did...Nebraska has no offenese, we have 11 guys playing who were recruited to run/run/run and a QB who was recruited and an option guy who runs scripted plays and throws more interceptions per game than all the QB's in the NFL do in a year. My point is that nebraskas offense in it's current state makes any defense look good and turnovers are a big portion of that problem. Some new blood for this type of offense wouldnt hurt but when you make more completions to the opposing team than you do your own then it's gonna kill ya. Tech has a bad ass offense and I credit them for converting nebraskas mistakes in to gold.

And the worst loss dont matter to us much,we own the series and thats more important than any 1 game stat IMO, we lose games too ya know..lol, we lost bad but it's nebraska so we will be back...getting beat my 60 doen sting but you get over it, just shows how spoiled we are up here...

We cant win them all, but the tradition will continue...

Error

Staff member
Well of course they had a great game,that wasnt my point, it was the fact that almost every defense this nebraska team has seen has had a great game...

I would be more happy to admit that your offense scorched nebraskas defense (which is the big-12's best and one of the best in the nation) rather than credit the defense.

BTW, we need a freaking pass rush to go with that defense, those big fat slow bastards they have in these days cant get pressure on the QB quick enough...

Error

Staff member
LOL, those 2 have nothing to do with each other, I still dont credit their defense. They had a good game but the offense was FAR more effective as you can see from the score...

Nebraska cant keep the ball, thats the whole point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom