Armed Assault

The czech version of Armed Assault is out, iv been playing it now and again, its like OFP, on crack.

Basicly OFP on crack, huge islands for huge combat.

There will be a US version, hopefully, no publisher signed yet as far as I know.

US Version Released!

US Version has been released, Keef (from WOP for those that might remember) says its much smoother then the other versions, I have ordered it from Newegg and it should be here today, so I will give my crap ass review once I get a chance to play it.

Re: US Version Released!

Anyone grab ArmA? Currently playing it with a 1.7GB mod, freaking awesome. Hopefully ArmA 2 is more improved, like being able to shoot your own weapon from a moving vehicle. Ill be setting up a "dedicated" server later on my linux box.

Mandarr

Staff member
Sounds fun, is it like Joint Operations and Battlefield 2? Are you playing against bots or are you playing against other players? If there's a coop mode I'd be interested in getting that game too.

Its made by the people that made OFP, its a massive battle sim, a cut down version of one that the military uses, called VBS2. Massive battles, I play against AI with some friends. Its better then JO and BF2, more realistic in lots of ways.

Mandarr

Staff member
well I got vista now, but I still haven't built the new computer yet. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

Mandarr

Staff member
Actually, after looking at the motherboard some more and my new hard drive, I'm kind of confused on the new hookups for this new hd and such so I may need some assistance from Marvin with this new computer build. So I'll have to wait untill he's available for some help before I build the new system. I just wonder why there's no cable with the motherboard for the sata hard drive. It looks as though there's just a connector for it or something or another instead. Since I'm not up to date with that sort of technology I guess I'll need to hear what the hell is up with that before I build it. The majority of the computer build wouldn't be a problem for me though. :chimp2:

The SATA cable usually comes with the drives, unless you get an OEM drive.

Yeah, I usually get those too, cheaper in the end, even if you end up buying the SATA cable.

Marvin_TM

Staff member
Hmm, sounds interesting, yeah my PC took a crap. just finished reloading windows. As far as SATA cables, mine came with my mobo.

Marvin_TM

Staff member
I don't know but apparently you can get "IT" on eBay..

ok, just being a smartass. Goto teamspeak forum for exciting news..

So, anyone gotten ArmA? Version 1.14 is out, and has an interesting mode, but yeah, check it out already if you havent yet.

Top Bottom