Battlefield 1942 should I ?

Gianm3

Staff member
As some of you know , I play this game called Battlefield 1942,in the beginning it had some lag issues, but now all of that is in the passed, they came out with a 1.2 patch and let me tell you the lag is gone ,so in the beginning I did not want to recommend it but now I am highly ,so if you have not made your Christmas list yet I strongly recommend that you put this game on that list .

P.S. this game is all I am going to be playing untill RS comes out ,plus i would like to play with some of my COG'ers

see you in hell [COG]

The only reason that I never bought this game is because of the lag issues which you told us about all the time. IF, the lag is gone then I would more than happily pick up the game. I will download the patch tonight (21.8mb) and pick up the game tomorrow if I am not too busy. Do I need the 1.1 patch also?

<hr>
1942 System requirements

500 MHz CPU
128 Megabytes of RAM
3D accelerated 32 MB video card or equivalent with HW-T&L
(Hardware Transform & Lightning) and 24-bit z-buffer
160 MB free hard disk space plus space for saved games
(additional space required for Windows swap-file and
DirectX 8.1 installation)
16X Speed CD-ROM/DVD-ROM
DirectX 8 Compatible Sound Card
MS compatible mouse
Keyboard

Recommended system

800 MHz CPU
256 Megabytes of RAM
3D accelerated 32 MB video card or equivalent with HW-T&L
(Hardware Transform & Lightning) and 24-bit z-buffer
160 MB free hard disk space plus space for saved games
(additional space required for Windows swap-file and
DirectX 8.1 installation)
16X Speed CD-ROM/DVD-ROM
DirectX 8 Compatible Sound Card
MS compatible mouse
Keyboard
Operating system
Any of the following operating systems will be able to run BF:
Windows 98
Windows ME
Windows XP
Windows 2000

The stars are part of the thread rating system. At the bottom of the thread there is a dropdown box that says "Rate This Thread:". You want it higher go and give it a higher vote...I think it will take an average of the votes.

Not that they shouldn't be there (they don't hurt anything), but what are those ratings good for?

Just Wondering [COG]

the begging it had some lag issues...

If our begging is lagging, I am sure our friend to the North can work with us to make our panhandling more efficient...

Is there a downloadable demo out there that you know of Gian?

:DScudd:D

Homeless%20Man.jpg

Originally posted by Pointman
Not that they shouldn't be there (they don't hurt anything), but what are those ratings good for?

Just Wondering [COG]

It's just a feature of the forum.

Gianm3

Staff member
Thankx there web I got it fixed

the most non-spelling mofo up in this biznich [COG]

P.S. f!*king ICQ spell check

I totally recommend 1942! It is an outstanding game. It has the same feel as Ghost Recon with all the cool features of Operation Flash Point, being able to ride in vehicles, fly planes, and navigate submarines, battleships and destroyers. If you liked the War of Infamy for Ghost Recon then you will love this game.

Now you all know that I am running a P3 550 on 56k dial up. I can play this game with graphics set to high (which is cool btw) with NO lag! Whatever lag issues came with the game prior to the 1.2 patch are non-existent now.

Only draw back is it isn't a cheap game...$39.96 @ Wal-Mart and $49.99 everywhere else that I have seen.

Top Bottom