Battlefield Heroes

Mandarr

Staff member
I'd seen this game mentioned in PC Gamer awhile back. Today I saw it being mentioned at Massively.com. It's probably the only FREE to play game I'd be interested in. I imagine it will have an item shop or something though for real world transactions. I signed up for beta. Here's the site if you want to check it out.

http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/

Ethakk

Staff member
Quit being a lazyass and give a synopsis of crap you want to tell us about rather than linking everything under the sun you bum.

Mandarr

Staff member
Haha. Ok, it's apparently a free to play first person shooter type game, but with some rpg elements of sorts. There's levels and classes and such. The graphics are supposed to be cartoony. There will be a cash shop for some items, but you don't have to buy any of it to play. It'll be a free download and free to play besides the paid for items. Not sure if those items will all just be fluff items or if they'll improve your game play. I saw they said they were starting with just two maps and the games are supposed to be 8 vs. 8 or something. I'll see what it's like perhaps, but I don't plan to be buying anything in their shop lol.

Oh yeah, you can either be a soldier or fly a plane or use vehicles too. Just like the other Battlefield games I suppose. When I'd first read about this in PC Gamer, I'd imagined it to be somewhat like WWII Online. I can see now that it won't be anything like that really. (Which is good somewhat because I didn't enjoy running for 10 minutes to find a battle in that game only to be shot and killed as soon as an enemy tank, etc. would see me. Then have to run back once again.)

:jet:

Top Bottom