Fantasy Football

Fantasy Football at NFL.com

• Sounds fun! Count me in!

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Naw, I don't have any interest in this stuff.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Perhaps, if I knew more about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandarr

Staff member
It's almost that time again folks and I'm taking a poll to see how many may be interested in getting a small league of our own going for the fun of it. I had thought NFL.com had theirs free again, but apparenlty it's not. I'll have to keep looking for a free game we can play.

spudnikhalfback.gif
spudnikhalfback.gif

Obviously the poll would be to play this at another site instead of NFL.com since they've started charging $15 a person since last year. I'm not interested in paying to play fantasy football anymore myself unless it was just a small group of people I worked with or something. But an online thing for us would be pretty fun.

NFL.com Fantasy Football

I've played in a public league on Yahoo for the past 3 years. I like Yahoo's fantasy a lot. It's free, and I've gotten used to the rules there. I'd be more than happy to set up a free private league since I have some experiance using Yahoo's fantasy football. You can set up custom rules as far as defensive players, scoring, etc. in the private leagues. I'll be playing in a public league once again this year, and I'd love to get a private league going between us.

Mandarr

Staff member
NFL.com Fantasy Football

Sounds good to me Point! Just let us know what the name of the league is and I'll join ya. Would you be interested in a live draft? I think that option may be available there, but I didn't look too much into the rules there yet. Perhaps it's done alot like the one nfl.com has huh? I wish that was still free there as well.

If some of the others don't quite follow football really that's ok. This is something that is easy to do even if you're not much into football, but of course it helps to have a better idea as to who will do well and who won't. I'm sure if we did a live draft we'd all be on teamspeak anyway so we could give them advice on who they may wish to choose.

Error got one hell of a team when he did that with me once at nfl.com and he wasn't even there for the live draft lol. I think I may have come in second or perhaps third behind him. I'm pretty sure his team won for our league heh.

NFL.com Fantasy Football

Yeah, we can do a live draft of everyone wants. You can even set it up in a way that some people can draft live, and those that can't make it for the live draft can pre-rank their players and the computer will auto pick for them after the round timer is up. Once we get an idea of how many ppl want to play, I'll ask around and take some polls on what everyone wants the rules to be, or I can just set the league up if noone care about the rules.

Like Mandarr said, even if you're not too keen on football, it's still fun to play. You really only have to set your roster each week, and let it go. Sure it helps to know what you're doing, but I've played with people that have no clue about football and they still win some games. For example, a couple years ago my sister got Edgarin James AND Marshal Faulk in the draft. Needless to say, she did OK. The more, the merrier (SP?), so come on out and play some fanatsy football with us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom