Hard Disk Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone understand about problems with Hard Disk Controller? I just bought a new mobo (ASUS P4PE), P4-2.53GHz, and 512MB DDR333 PC2700. I am still waiting for my new Hard Disk (Seagate Barracuda 120GB), so in the meantime, I tried using my old hard drive to run my new rig. But on start (I'm using Windows 2000), I always get this blue screen saying about a problem with my Hard Disk Controller, and I should uninstall any new component if the problem persist.

That's why I didn't go online the whole weekend (and it's a long weekend cause last Monday is a public holiday!) trying to solve the problem. I ended up going back to my old rig so I can do my every day computing. My guess is my Hard Disk is not compatible, because on my old mobo, it supports up to DMA33, but in my new mobo, it supports only DMA66/100. But when I read my old Hard Disk spec, it is a DMA66!

Most likely your new mobo supports UDMA and not DMA. If that isn't the case, then check your BIOS settings and see if it is forcing 100 instead of 66. Most are set to auto-detect by default though. Hope that helps.

2-day shipping [COG]

Error

Staff member
I'd throw the old DMA66 in the rig and check that one out to see how it goes,if that works then I'd send the HDD back and get one thats compatiable...

Error

Staff member
damn bro,you should have gotten the 2100 T-Bred B instead of that P4 2.5,I'd put that thing up against a P4 anyday...And it's only about 90 bucks retail and gets nearly a 1ghz overclock on liquid...

Mandarr

Staff member
Good luck on your rebuild Wiwien, I hope you don't see as many errors as I've seen lately pop up on you too.

Well, I haven't got my new HD yet (still in shipping), and the one that doesn't work is my old HDD. guess I'll have to wait for the new one to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom