Hey Jag...

Guess what! I'm going to New Zealand on 26th April, will be there till 3rd May. I'm going to Auckland to be precise. Do you know what hotel in Auckland that is comfortable and won't blow out my budget?

Thanks bro!

Dude, I live in Auckland, we should meet up one day while your here. Are you here on holiday or business?

As for accommodation I need a little for information. Do you have any idea which area in Auckland you would like to stay, (in the heart of the city or a certain suburb or close to airport), a rough price (1 Aus$=0.92NZ$), and is it just you or will you sharing a room?

I've got a hotel guide somewhere in my house, I'll see if I can find it. It might be cheaper though to get a flight/accommodation deal through the airlines.

Get outta here! You live in Auckland? What a coincidence!

I'm going to New Zealand to get my Australian Permanent Residence Visa (have to get it outside of Australia).

I'm looking for a hotel that won't be too far away from the DIMIA office in Auckland (Level 7, Price Waterhouse-Coopers Tower,
186-194 Quay Street, Auckland), at least within walking distance. I will be sharing the room with my partner.

Yeah, I'm planning to get the accomodation in package with my flight, but still, I have to decide which hotel I want, right =)

Well, sure we can meet up when I'm there. Just gimme your phone number and I'll call you when I'm there.

Mandarr

Staff member
Wow Jag, that's one hell of a beautifull city you've got there! I was checking it out from the panoramic views you can see from that Sky Tower. If I ever hit the lotto I'll definately be putting NZ on my list of places to visit!

Thanks for that Jag. City Central Hotel sounds good enough. Sky City Hotel is way too luxury. I don't need that kind of luxury :)

Thanks Mandarr, anyone in COG can feel free to come and visit me down in New Zealand, there's plenty more beautiful scenery to see.

Wiwien, don't take this personally but I'm sorry my answer is no. I'm just not comfortable giving my details out to someone who I basically only know through on-line gaming.

What about Quest on Eden, Jag? Is it close as well?

http://www.questoneden.co.nz

I'd rather stay in a serviced apartment than in hotel if I can, since I will be able to cook myself and save some money on dining out =) But I'd really love to try the seafood on the harbour. You've got to tell me all the fantastic spot for dining out!

Quest on Eden is close to Quay st where you say you want to go, but it is also close to the railway tracks (though a train in Auckland is a rare sight) and costs $170 a night. Looks nice though, 4 star accommodation.

The only other place I can find in th CBD area that has kitchen facilities is called "Auckland City Apartments" at 47 St Pauls Street. It's costs about the same as the city central hotel, $100 a night and is about 250 metres further away than the city central hotel. I've never seen it and there is no website, so I have no idea what it is like.

If you're dining out then yeah you should head down to the waterfront, quite a few new restaurants there because of the America's Cup racing here a short while ago.

I got $125 per night at Quest on Eden because my stay is 7 nights =)

Alright Jag, thanks for the tip on the restaurant. Will definitely go there. I can't wait to have some delicious seafood!

I saw in the brochure, one of the chef is displaying a big fish on plate... hahahaha.... I don't think my partner & I can even finish it.

If you want to use the internet or send E-mail and you don't have a computer available, then there are plenty of cyber-cafe's around Auckland you can use.

I'm thinking of bringing my laptop and just browse from my room, but if there's no prepaid internet, than the laptop would be pretty useless LOL

Well, don't you have Net Zero or some other free service?

Net Zero? Never heard of it, don't think we have it here. There used to be free isp's in New Zealand, the would run at about 2kb/sec but they don't exist any more or they stopped taking new subscribers.

Top Bottom