How perfect is the BCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Staff member
What a fucking joke,FSU being the winner of the ACC is going to a BCS bowl even though they have 5 losses...

I think that's because the ACC has a contract with the BCS, and the champion is guaranteed a spot in one of the BCS bowl games. It was like that before the BCS ever started. What game is it? I think the ACC winner always used to go to the Cotton Bowl or the Orange Bowl. That's why they get to go, because the ACC allways sent their champ to that bowl. I think all the BCS did was make it so that it wasn't allways the same bowl or something. Also, if the ACC champ goes to the national title game, the BCS picks an at-large team from the BCS standings to go in the ACC's spot. Other than that, I think it's the same way it's allways been. It's just like the Rose Bowl was and is. It has allways been the Big Ten champ vs. the Pac Ten champ. The only time it isn't is every 4 years, when it's the Rose Bowl's turn to host the national championship game, in which case the 2 conference champs are given spots in one of the other BCS bowls.

P.S. I think it's pretty lame that a team with 5 losses won the ACC. :napplause

Error

Staff member
Yes it has been like this since the super alliance but it's never seemed so bad,since the BCS has been around we have seen many undeserving teams play in BCS bowls and didnt belong...I remember Maryland going to one,ND played in the fiesta and sure the hell didnt belong that year, even Nebraska didnt belong in the rose bowl last year...

Yeah, I'm glad that the Big Ten can still send a team to the Rose Bowl. With OSU and Iowa being co-champs, Iowa will still get to go to the Rose Bowl as OSU goes to the Fiesta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom