I got it!

hey.. i got the game... but haven't got the expansion yet....

can I still play with you guys without the expansion?

Nope. Everyone has to have the same version of the game in order to play. Don't fret, getting the expansion is easier than you might expect. ;-)

On the contrary my fellow COG brutha! You may play BD1942 without grabbing the expansion pack as long as you grab the latest patch for it. I believe it is version 1.3 patch. Besides, there is only a couple new maps on the expansion pack that are worth it!

Piss Right Road to Rome Piss Left

actually... I already applied patch 1.3 :)

There's a map called coral sea or something. When I tried to run the exe, it said it is only for patch 1.2 or something. Is this a new map or what? or is it included in patch 1.3?

I am glad you got the game Wiwi - it's about time. I think that coral sea is a conquest map and it is part of the patch. Did you download the patch? I recall it being pretty large. Anyway there are two seperate exe shortcuts for BF1942 & the expansion. The expansion is modified by adding "+game XPack1" to the target line. You can join a game launched with the regular *.exe.

I downloaded the patch before I even got the game. I even got the patch for Splinter Cell, but I haven't actually got the game... hehehe....

I'm still waiting for my new hard drive... might arrive sometime mid next week :(

Top Bottom