Java Runtime Environment 1.4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard several people say that they do not like how the java icon is displayed in the taskbar when the plugin is running. Right click the icon and select disable. This does not disable the plugin itself it just disables the tray icon.

Or, go to control panel, select Java Plug-In, then untick the "Enable Java Plug-in" check box.

I couldn't do either, so I redownloaded the newest JRE. I can now get to the thing in the control panel, but I still (couldn't even before all of this) can't get java applets to work with IE6 at all. They work fine when I use Netscape, but not when I use IE6. I've reinstalled both IE6 and the JRE, with no luck. On the Java site, after I DL it, it showed the coffee cup and said it was a success. I went to our news page, and I still cannot see the news scroller or the fader in the upper right corner. (Both just solid white rectangles) Yahoo games do not work with IE6 either. It's not a great disadvantage to me, but I sure would like to get that shit working propely. Anybody have any ideas?

Plus, if you have any other version of JRE installed on your machine they will conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom