PA Hall's Gone Wild!

Ok, we have about mined up all the resources that we need for the hall. The only think we lack now is about 16k of metal/steel. I think that the only fair way to do the pricing on this would be to figure out the cost of the hall including materials, add in one month maintenance and then have everyone contribute that amount before we put the deed on the ground and get this thing rolling. Based on a 3 credit per unit rate for each resource mined, and a flat fee of 50k to build the hall, the total price comes to 225k. One month's maintenance on the hall will be 75k for a grand total of 300k to split. Here is the breakdown based on initial number of members:

8 members = 37.5k per person
9 members = 33.3k per person
10 members = 30k per person (Ethakk & Dragonetti?)
11 members = 27.2k per person (Above plus Quasabi?)

As you can see the per person charge isn't cheap. I wouldn't want to put the deed down until we had these funds and could guarantee a month's worth of maintenance. After the initial month runs out, the monthly "rent" would look like:

8 members = 9.4k per person
9 members = 8.3k per person
10 members = 7.5k per person
11 members = 6.8k per person

What do you guys think?

Scudd

It sounds good to me. The only thing I have a little trouble swallowing is the 3 creds/unit thing. That is a fair price in the public market, and I know how pain staking doing all that harvesting is, but wouldn't 2 cred/unit sound a little better? I understand you would like to also be paid for your time spent harvesting and I have no problem with that. I just feel that we should lighten up on some of the more "financially challenged" players and cut them a little slack. After all, we are a brotherhood (and sister), and as a brotherhood I think that favors are an important part of this game. I would have no problem taking a loss on my resources. I'll contribute the resources I have (though not many lol) and pay the full fee of one that has not contributed any resources.

Also, I have noticed that Quasabi seems to have a small group of friends that he plays with, aka the Ghoti's. I've seen Quasabi, Qwasabi, Kwasabi, and who knows how many more there are lol. Do you guys want to invite them into the guild as well? I have no problem doing that.

3 credits per unit is the opportunity cost of the resources, not necessarily my cost to extract them. In fact it is much higher than that because I have put 5c per unit resources into this thing as well. You have done all of these calculations, but you can't put a price on gaming time. It would have been much easier for me to just pay 40k and say that was my share. Instead, I extracted the resources and spent the time to acquire what was needed to build the hall. I found someone to build medium harvestors and solar generators. I invested my cash to make more cash. I made the effort to find an architect who would build us the hall if I brought the resources. Everyone else had this same opportunity, but chose to do other things. That's fine, we are all going to play the game differently, but I don't think anyone should give up hard earned creds because someone chose to play the game differently.

If you think you are getting screwed, find an architect to build the hall for a cash price. I would much rather chip in 40k in credits and sell my 40,000 units of carbonate ore for 120k in credits.

Scudd

I don't think we are getting screwed. I just thought you might want to set aside the fact that you could sell the resources elsewhere and donate them to the effort to build the guild hall at the cost it took to collect them. If you don't want to do that, I can completely understand that.

I am not real sure what you mean. If I sell the resources, then the cost of the hall goes up greatly because we will have to pay the architects markup. Maybe you can explain on TS later.

Update: Fuziam will put all the pieces together for us at no charge. The only thing we will need is a Master Architect to do the final combine. Hopefully this will reduce the cost of the hall substantially.

Scudd

Mandarr

Staff member
Sounds good to me, count me in. :) That montly maintenance fee isn't too shabby either. Very cool!

Originally posted by Pointman
...I just feel that we should lighten up on some of the more "financially challenged" players and cut them a little slack.

LMAO @ financially challenged. Now that I know you are gonna front the creds for me I'm gonna go and spend all my creds...

I am so down for all this! I will run enough Bounty Hunter Missions to get my PA "Dues" and pay my part! I will find out tonight from Dragonetti, Quasabi, and Ethakk if they are down for the Guild too!

CORNER OFFICE WITH A VIEW [COG]

I briefly ran it by Quasabi and he seems to be down for it.

Well boys the critical failure gods were smiling on us today and I now have the deed for the guild hall. I will keep track of everyone that has made their payment and when they are all in, we will place this bad boy. I can't wait to claim our name and get those three letters...

Top Bottom