People like TX

Special delivery: Stowaway ships self in cargo crate
Tuesday, September 9, 2003 Posted: 1:37 PM EDT (1737 GMT)

DALLAS, Texas (AP) -- Federal agents say they are investigating how a man succeeded in stowing away in a cargo plane on a flight from New York to Dallas by shipping himself in a wooden crate.

After hours of traveling, Charles McKinley, 25, of New York City, pried open the crate with a crowbar Saturday morning, authorities said. He popped up outside his parents' doorstep in suburban DeSoto, shook the hand of a shocked deliveryman and walked away, The Dallas Morning News reported Tuesday.

The deliveryman called DeSoto police, who arrested him on outstanding Texas warrants.

McKinley has not been charged with a crime, officials said.

The FBI and the Transportation Security Administration are investigating.

"It's amazing that the gentleman survived. It's absolutely a bizarre case," said FBI Special Agent Lori Bailey, a spokeswoman for the Dallas field office. "Our concern at this point is to determine how this was done."

Officials said McKinley's crate was put aboard a pressurized Boeing 727 operated by Indiana-based Kitty Hawk Cargo from Kennedy International to Fort Wayne, Ind. The crate was transferred to a second plane bound for Dallas-Fort Worth International.

A ground shipping company picked up the crate and delivered it to the residence of McKinley's parents. McKinley spent at least half a day in the crate and broke out just in time for the deliveryman to see him, authorities said.

Air cargo receives less scrutiny than airline passengers in the heightened security imposed after the September 11 terror attacks.

"While this is a very unusual situation, we are fully cooperating with the regulatory agencies, the shipper and other parties handling this investigation," Kim Wiemuth, a spokeswoman for Kitty Hawk Cargo, said in a statement. "Kitty Hawk Cargo followed all current cargo security procedures."

LMAO!

With so many people thinking outside the box these days, aren't they really just conforming and thinking inside the box?

Is there really even a box?

Philosopher [COG]

airport security has really improved

'i'm going to have to confiscate that nail file ma'am, could you please step out of line for a full body cavity search." [COG]

M

Midnight

Damn when i was coming to indy to FL i had to take my pants off my shoes an my extra white shirt..I wuz kinda mad an shit.My pants cuz it wuz baggy an thought i would of had somthing in it or somthing an my shirt cuz they said thay dont understand why i would two shirts?????:chimp2: An after that i got on the plain they toke me off cuz my laptop had little stickers of a-bomb an shit..grrr i got pist offf.....An then when i got home an check my bag there was a little red slip saying that we went though you're bag cuz off my PS2 :spank:

I bet Scudd is just foaming at the mouth after reading that. It's been a while since we've had a good grammar lesson.

plain = plane [COG]

P.S. You got pissed off because you had a sticker of a bomb on your laptop and they checked it? Shit, I'd be pissed off if they DIDN'T check something like that.

M

Midnight

There was a . right there soo you make the math :moon:
Well it's just a sticker

So did you shit your pants or not?

This is a classic example of why the normal people get held up at an airport. You have someone dressed like a thug (2 white T-shirts and apparently pants big enough for three thugs and a bomb) that is carrying electronics with bomb stickers all over them. And you wonder why they were concerned?

That's like getting pissed off that a cop asks if you have any drugs in the vehicle when you have marijuana leaf stickers all over your back glass. Get a haircut, buy some clothes that fit, and stop trying to be a Gen-X Hippie. Try to give off some presence that you respect yourself and others will do the same.

Scudd

M

Midnight

Well why would the way i dress bother you in any way at all..You're not me.An yes i do respect myself very much.I have a job i have apartment an i have a car i pay my bills i go to school an work very hard for what i want to be an i have what ever i want because i work at it.I can be a "thug" like you say i im but relize one thing dont say the world "thug" if you dont know the meaning of the word is.No it dont mean little hollgans runing around killing themself an selling drugs those are just retards.Thug mean "the hate you gave" meaning the more people like you talk how bad we are the worst we get.Goddame we cant even walk into a store without people like you looking at use like we going to take somthing.Im not saying there's not bad people out there because there is.Im just saying that "IM NOT ONE OF THEM"I have job,car,apartment,gf an i pay my bills an im only 17.So wach what you say next time.Dont juge what you dont know sir.

Thank you
Peace Out.:)

Having a job, appartment, girlfriend, or a car is no exuse for poor... poor... posts like the one above. You say you work very hard at the things you listed above, but I think you need to work harder at the SCHOOL part of your life.

If you want to come across as a wannabe bad ass on the COG Forums, then by all means, please send in more intesting posts regarding your worldly airport travels at the tender age of 17.

But if you want to come across as an educated individual, I suggest that you take a moment and read everything you just posted... then after you have had a good laugh... drop your girlfriend, your "Job", and leave your appartment.... then enroll your uneducated ass in school!

M

Midnight

Well im doing very well in school an im allso doing very well in the things i do.An no im not trying to be a bad ass.I just speak my mind very often.Im sorry if you toke what i said funny.But im doing somthing with my life and im proud of what i do somtimes..Im doing better then some 17 year old that are smoking an drinking in the street.So dont tell me to go to school an learn somthing.Because i do know alot of things.Im reaching my dreams and im happy about it.So dont sit here an tell me how bad i do this an how bad i do that an just relize that i got a good head on my sholder..

Thank you

If you want to really learn something, learn this:

People judge you based on what you project.

If you can't take the time to properly spell or structure sentences, do you think the person reading that paragraph is going to look at you as intelligent?

If you dress like a person who would steal the TV out of my house, do you think I am going to let you in to use the phone? If you dress like a thug, then expect to get treated like one.

It's is good that you are working and paying your bills, but what do you think 90% of America does every day? Don't expect recognition for doing what you should be doing. You will be waiting a long time...

Sir Scudd

Mandarr

Staff member
Yes indeed, this Jr's posts are starting to hurt my eyes looking at them. I will no longer read anything posted by him. We speak English here Jr. Learn it or don't post anymore. Thank you.:zap:

Top Bottom