Rainbow Six Lockdown PC Demo Out

Let me know what you guys think of it. What I am really hoping for is one of Mandarr's outstanding reviews! What now b

Its not a bad game, but I dont think this should be classified as a demo, should be a beta if anything. Too many bugs, and a few days ago the UBI servers for it went down for about 2 hours.

So far though, the retail game just might be worth the purchase. Of corse ill download the full version before I buy it, just to make sure it is actually worth it.

It has some of the best Night Vision I have ever seen, the thermal kind of sucks, but it uses the "true" colors a real thermal would use, not that crap RvS stuff.

Weapons, you can still only add a single mod to each weapon, but unlike RvS this game seems like it will be easily modable.

In retail you will be able to "customize" your character, even though it probably wont be as interesting as character customization in SWG.

The weapons seem slightly inaccurate, but what games weapons are not.

4 Player max for Coop in the beta, probably same for retail.

Coop Missions are much more interesting then RvS', the missions seem to go far more into detail. In the demo coop mission, a tango shoots an RPG at you.

TDM was pretty interesting, there are laser trip mines, those are fun to mess with.

Of corse a first hand experience is far better then some crappy review.

Ethakk

Staff member
I hope the bugs aren't too bad, isn't this supposed to be out on something like the seventh?

The bugs arent too bad I guess, but I personally think thier netcode sucks, but what do you expect from UBI. Every now and then ill get pegged in a Ghost Recon moment, shot from nowhere. I think this game uses the GR3 engine, or thats what I read.

Top Bottom