• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Still Waiting on SWAT: UJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My rig can't handle this game either

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Pointman
I went to the official site and clicked on the "pre-order now" link, which took me to a page where you can purchase the game directly (I think) from Ubi Soft. On there, it says the game will be available 03/18/2003. It's my guess that these dates are allways tentative and not set in stone, but I don't see it coming out any time before that date. If they were to change it, it would most likely be to delay it.

Thanks for the info P! Who all is planning on getting this game when it comes out?

You're damn straight I am going to grab it! Count on me getting it no later than the weekend after it goes on sale. As for the whole SWAT: UJ stuff, I think I'll pick that up too, but I don't see myself playing it nearly as much as RvS.

Who plans on getting SWAT: UJ? I'd post a poll on the SWAT section, but it seems (4 yes and 0 no votes) that it will soon be gone.

Tango Down! [COG]

Error

Staff member
You know me,I've been waiting for it since the game was announced a long while back...

Although my rig will have trouble taking this one...

Originally posted by Error
You know me,I've been waiting for it since the game was announced a long while back...

Although my rig will have trouble taking this one...
LMAO! You're full of it E! You probably have the hottest rig in the group! Anyway, I will probably get UJ as well but from what i've heard it doesn't sound like it is going to be coming out for a very looooong time.

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Yes of course I'm getting it! The shop here says it will be out on the 18th March.

I'll wait till I've played a demo of Swat: UJ before deciding whether to buy it or not, I believe the game is due out mid June.

Error

Staff member
If we can get a mid june release,there is never any new info on the game or it's progress so it seems like UJ isnt even gonna hit the streets...

The game that faded away [COG]

As posted on the front page news section:
<b>Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3™: Raven Shield ™ Goes Gold</b>

The Third Chapter in the Wildly Popular Rainbow Six Series Will Hit Store Shelves Soon!

SAN FRANCISCO, CA. February 13, 2003 - Ubi Soft Entertainment, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced today that the third installment of it's best-selling Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six™ Series, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3™: Raven Shield™ has reached gold master status. The Rainbow Six series is one of the most popular action series on the PC, having sold almost 7 million copies worldwide to date.

Also included in the press release were these little facts:
Standout Game Features

• The addition of next-generation Unreal™ technology brings the series to a new level of realism with all-new special effects and graphics technology.
  • The game will feature 57 fully-modeled and simulated weapons, comprising the global arsenal that is available to Team RAINBOW.
  • A new AI engine will deliver the most realistic and fun experience in gaming. Whether your enemies face you down or run off in fear, the outcome will never be the same.
  • Mike Grasso, Senior Instructor for LAPD SWAT, winner of America's Top Cop award and the LAPD Medal of Valor, serves as the technical advisor for the game. In addition to his full-time duties as an instructor in the rigorous methods and practices of close-quarters combat, Mike serves as a technical advisor to Hollywood, having worked on films such as Heat, The Rock and The Hunt for Red October.

That fourth point about Mike Grasso got me thinking... Anyone remember that military style reality show called "Combat Wars"? Any idea when a new season is starting? I loved that show!

Dont know P. I liked watching that show too. Since there was no season this year, and there was one last year, looks like USA Networks pulled the plug. Maybe one go around was too expensive for the company.

Originally posted by Jay
I'll get it as long as my comp. can handle it.
<hr width=95% align="left">
System Specs
  • Supported OS: Win 98/ME/2000/XP Only
  • Processor: 800 MHz Pentium III, AMD Athlon, or equivalent (1.4 GHz Pentium 4, AMD Athlon or equivalent recommended)
  • RAM: 128 MB(256 MB recommended) XP users: 256 MB required
  • Video Card: 32MB VRAM Direct X 8.1 compatible graphics card with hardware T&L (128 MB recommended)
  • Sound Card: DX 8.1 compatible sound device
  • Direct X version: 8.1 or higher (9 included on disk)
  • CD-ROM: 16x or faster (not recommended for use with CD-RW's)
  • Hard Drive: 2 GB minimum hard drive space
  • Peripherals: Windows-compatible mouse required
  • Multiplay: Internet connection for play on Ubi.com (minimum 56k modem or broadband)
<hr width=95% align="left">

Thought that may help.

Phew.. my rig can handle the requirement, but my processor is just above the required. Maybe it's time to move to P4

Error

Staff member
Or you can say screw intel all together and get the new barton core Athlon XP 3000+...

Thanks a lot P! :nworthy:

My computer only has 600 mhz. I think thats the only problem. But I can upgrade to 1000 mhz before I get it.

Well, since P-Diddy has busted out with all the RS knowledge and skills I think he earned the role of the RS Moddie.

Error

Staff member
Well Jay there may be another problem,sure you only have a 600mhz processor and I think that MAY be OK but you game would get quite choppy at times...I was looking at your set-up in the roster and noticed your using an onboard graphics chip,I think those requirements P posted say hardware T&L is required and I don't think an Intel graphics controller uses that...

You may need to upgrade your rig in a few different ways...When they say 128MB of ram they really want you to have 256,when they say 800mhz they really want you to have atleast 1ghz and when they say you need a card that supports hardware T&L it's time to get a graphics card that supports it...

You can get by with the 600mhz processor,it dosent mean you cant run the game if you dont have an 800mhz processor, but you for sure need that hardware T&L support...

Originally posted by Error
Or you can say screw intel all together and get the new barton core Athlon XP 3000+...

Is Athlon really better than Intel? Cause my friends' experience is that Athlon generates a lot more heat than Intel. And they also had experienced some hardware incompatibility.

If I change my processor to Athlon, meaning I would only need to change my processor, mobo, and ram. Now, can anyone confirm me that I can still use my video card (GeForce4 Ti4200), Sound Blaster Audigy, and my 3Com NIC? If you have similar configuration using Athlon, that would be good enough for me! Cause I would prefer to buy athlon at the moment considering the finance!

You would still be able to use your same system devices Wiwi. It's not like Mac vs PC.

Top Bottom