VUG Cans Tribes Vengeance Patch

Ill just post a little bit of what I posted on one of my sites...

G-Network.Org Post
...In a slightly unshocking movement by Vivendi Universal Games (VUG) in which Guy.Welch (VUG Marketing) announced that they will no longer release patches for Tribes: Vengeance...

As we all know.. IG is the developer for SWAT4, and of course VUG is the publisher. Will the same thing happen to SWAT4? Only time will tell.. well.. maybe not since it did pretty much happen to SWAT3...

Mandarr

Staff member
So after awhile they stopped patching Swat 3 and it was buggy? I'm going to get Swat 4, but I hope it's not full of bugs and what not. And there'd better be a coop like ya'll had for Swat 3.

I don't want to have to do some deathmatch bs with a bunch of hackers or some shit. Although if we play against each other at times for the fun of it, that won't be so bad.

When is the game due for release anyway? Before or after Ghost Recon 2?

It has Coop, theres an SP demo out also.

Its due for release April 5th I think.

Mandarr

Staff member
Very cool, I hate to say I get bored with WoW sometimes. I love it and hate it at the same time and need other stuff to do in between leveling and what not. :zap:

I plan on picking up SWAT 4. Hopefully it will be something I can hop on and play for a few hours without feeling like I have to invest a lot of time just to have fun.

My WoW subscription ends in a few days, who needs gold?

I meant to reply to the SWAT4 thread, but I just never got around to it. Seems here is as good as anywhere else, so...

I picked up the SWAT4 demo, and will definitely be grabbing the game when it comes out. I love it. It's just like SWAT3, but with better graphics and a few added features. It's what a sequel should be. Playing the demo brought back the good feeling I used to get when I hopped in a SWAT3 game.

Once SWAT4 and GR2 are out, I may likely follow in Scudd's footsteps and cancel my WoW account. I have a lot of things going on in my life this spring, many of which are surely going to be life changing events. I think my time spent playing games is going to drop dramatically in the very near future, so I too just want a game or two I can hop in and play for an hour or two before bed, etc.

"10David to entry team... You are clear for entry." [COG]

Scuddman said:
... Hopefully it will be something I can hop on and play for a few hours without feeling like I have to invest a lot of time just to have fun.

I don't know why I was re-reading this thread, but anyways... I was.

Has anyone checked out the game called Guild Wars? I've been eyeballing it for a bit now, reading reviews and such. It seems pretty cool, and Scudd... the need to grind and grind and grind has been tossed out of the game. It's not even called an MMO by the developers or publishers. Thay said it is more of an RPG game with an MMO 'feel' to it.

For anyone intersted, I read a few reviews (both by editors and users) on www.IGN.com. There's some good info about it there. The official site is www.guildwars.com if anyone wants to check it out there too. Let me know what you guys think.

Top Bottom