What do you think?

1. What do you guys think?
2. What does the forum need; smilies, addons, etc....
3. Is there too much of anything?
4. Color scheme ok?

I think everything rocks from an appearance perspective. My major dislike is the new post notification stuff. I don't know if there is a way to work around this or not, but it would really improve the forum a lot if it functioned like the old one.

I agree. Looks great, but that notification system is a bit cumbersome.

Cool bro. Looks like things are running smoothly now. The new post notification works out ok as long as you remember to click the "mark forum as read" link. One tiny thing I noticed... Shouldn't clicking on the banner take you to the main site? Right now, it's set to go to the forums main page, but there is allready a link for the right below the banner. In my mind, it seems a bit redundant.

Keep up the great work!

I would still prefer how the old forum was.. it's a lot easier to read and view which one are new posts.

I haven't seen a legend saying this picture means new post.

They are down at the bottom of certain pages. Yellow means there is a new post. Blue means no new posts. The biggest diference between this forum and the olde one is that on this one, you have to manually click on a link to clear the new post indicators. I liked the older forum better, but I have to admit this one is growing in appeal.

This is the way it makes sense for me Wiwi. The main page indicators do not indicate whether or not you have read the post, but merely show that a new post has been placed in this section since your last visit. Once you drill down inside that section, those indicators show new posts that have not been read and will turn from yellow to grayish blue after you have read the message. I didn't care for this too much at the start, but once I came upon this miraculous discovery it made things a lot less complicated. Once you have caught up on your forum reading, go down to the bottom like Pointman said and click "Mark all forums as read." This will clear the main page indicators so that when you return only those sections with new posts will show up. You can also logout to reset the forum when you are done and log back in when you return.

Hope this helps man.

"It's the Administrators that make a forum, not the indicators!"
-COG Brother 10/28/02

That's pretty much how I see it as well. In addition to the "mark all forums read" button, there are "mark this forum read" buttons inside each forum. Those are usefull if you are short on time and only read some of the new posts but want to clear the icons on the main page for that forum.

Another cool link is the "show new posts" link at the top of the main page. Instead of having to search through all the different forums, one mouse click will put all the threads with new posts on one page (or more if there a many posts) for you to view.

Top Bottom