Teamspeak 2 , in or out ?

• in

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • out

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Gianm3

Staff member
Well I hate to bug any one but I really don't like TS 2 , it seams to be really buggy and voice activate sucks ass and I know that all of you don't use it but I do and I hate it so that is why I am putting up this vote

Error

Staff member
I dont like it either,I get dropped all too often and I have trouble logging in every time I get on...

I don't have any problems...

Did you try to update your drivers?
Did you try rebooting your computer?
Did you try shutting down your computer, unplugging it and leaving it off for 3 minutes?
Did you try opening up your case and taking out that little battery and then putting it back in?
<hr>
Actually, I think that tonight was an exceptionally bad night for Teamspeak and 1942 because Snipper said he was going to be downloading a rather large file off of Scudd's server. Now, if he actually was downloading (in the middle of the day and early evening), and Scudd was hosting Teamspeak and the dedicated BF server then that would explain the conectivity issues.

Bandwidth hog [COG]

This is so exciting! Will TS2 stay a member of COG or will TS1 "be back"? So far it's neck and neck but I hear that TS1 has a few more supporters that may turn the tide. Stay tuned for the exciting play by play.

Old and Busted or New Hotness [COG]

<hr>

Also, is this poll open to just COG members or anyone? If it's going to decide what tool we are going to use maybe the public forum wasn't the best place for it. After all, I know how pecker head would vote and I could give a damn what he thinks.

Too bad i didn't dload a large file from Scudd. I skipped getting it from him again. I did not have time to stay on long last night anyways.

You are Mistaken [COG]

I cant stand TS2 either. And the problem for the server hoster is the amount of resources it consumes and the constant dropping of the server, plus lagging in games. That and timing out is pretty stupid.

Originally posted by Sniper
Too bad i didn't dload a large file from Scudd. I skipped getting it from him again. I did not have time to stay on long last night anyways.

You are Mistaken [COG]

I cant stand TS2 either. And the problem for the server hoster is the amount of resources it consumes and the constant dropping of the server, plus lagging in games. That and timing out is pretty stupid.

Very well put Snipp, but it would have made a bigger impact if you would have said that TS2 was "sucky" as well as "stupid". Also, have you ever been the "hoster" of TS2 to know the amount of resources it consumes? You are a programmer right? Maybe you could whip us up a new voice communication application that isn't so "stupid".

I think that the problems that everyone else has with TS2 are sound and conectivity issues. If you lag in games it may be because of your Intel Celeron processor and not TS2. If you had a computer that could play even one of the current games or even a current demo and you still had lag issues I would be surprised. Anyway, at least you can still play SWAT3 and DFLW...oh never mind about the DFLW...

Also, I did not state that you "did" download the file as a fact. I stated that you may have been downloading the file and if that was the case then that may have contributed to some of our problems last night. :upyours:

Lose my ICQ# and my e-mail address [COG]

Looks like I just tied it up. TS2 and TS1 are pretty much the same to me. From my perspective, they both use the same amount of resources and consume about the same amount of bandwidth. I have never had any sound problems or lag issues on my end while playing a game. This may be due to the fact that I host most of the games I play in, but who knows.

Scudd

Yeah, i've heard the story. It's really a Pentium 3 even though it doesn't show up as one in your system settings - right?

I have not had nearly as many problems on TS2 as some of you, however I do still get more problems than I ever did with TS1. I guess my vote just made version 1.5 move ahead a notch in the poll....

Tune in boys and girls! It's the battle of the TeamSpeak versions!

:stan:

I just wanna play games and not keep going: " Hello? Can you guys hear me now? Did Gian just drop again? WOODY YOU ARE ON VOICE ACTIVATED AGAIN!"

Version 1.5 [COG]

Error

Staff member
Whos pentium III shows up as a celeron?

Funny because my grand parents bought a CPU once that was supposedly a pentium III according to the "system specs on paper" but when I was over there playing with the thing I found out it had a Celeron processor in it...

Grend is making up shit. It shows up as Pentium 3 in DXDIAG.

But it was labeled celeron on the case is what im saying. Has the wrong sticker on there, so compaq mislabeled it.

Originally posted by Sniper
Grend is making up shit. It shows up as Pentium 3 in DXDIAG.

But it was labeled celeron on the case is what im saying. Has the wrong sticker on there, so compaq mislabeled it.

I remember you telling me your Pentium/Celeron story but it was different last time you told me. I remember you being very frustrated - it must have been late and you must have been on edge and that's why you didn't explain it clearly.

It just goes to show that if the details of a story aren't clear then it can be both "stupid" and "sucky".

Overclocked my processor 3 times and lived [COG]

Originally posted by Error
No bots allowed, get the hell out of here!

HaHa! That bot has a mind of his own, he voluntarily removed his vote from the poll. He said that if anyone has a problem with him then they can reach him at (909) 909-0990.

Dang Gian! I told you this should have been in the private forum. A whole shit load of people just came in and voted. I think some of them were bots...

Top Bottom