THE DEMO IS OUT FINALLY

u need to remeber about overclocking the key is to keep the computer cool inside and u will have no problem. either water cool it or just put alot of fans in it. also amd's are a good processor to over clock as long as your computer is kept cool cause they can tolerate the overclocking power. and i figure that 6 or 7 fans would surley keep a computer cold.

With the money you spend on water-cooling or extra fans, you might as well just use it to buy the faster processor! If you overclock enough to tell a difference, you can expect to buy a new processor when your overworked one has a mental breakdown. Not to mention any additional heat, even 5 degrees will decrease the life of your processor significantly. Not that you cared, but just my two cents...

Athlon 1800 set to .01150375939 [COG]:kool:

there is ways arround stuff man one is have your tower on an airvent in the floor or in the wall that will help out alot. plus fans only cost 20 bucks MAX! get a dual hd fan get 3 on the door 2 on the top 2 on the bottom 2 in the front and 1 or 2 in the back then upgrade the one that mounts onto the proccesor to the best one out there and u should have a freezer inside your computer.:napplause :napplause

I GOT A NEW VID CARD! GeForce4 Ti 4200 64MB DDR RAM - Raven Shield works for me now!

Originally posted by Woody
there is ways arround stuff man one is have your tower on an airvent in the floor or in the wall that will help out alot. plus fans only cost 20 bucks MAX! get a dual hd fan get 3 on the door 2 on the top 2 on the bottom 2 in the front and 1 or 2 in the back then upgrade the one that mounts onto the proccesor to the best one out there and u should have a freezer inside your computer.:napplause :napplause

LMFAO! I know someone from WOP that put there PC in the freezer (i think, that or the fridge) to keep it "cool".

if thats the case then what a dumb ass i could see it if he maybe had a dual processor and pther were over clocked and had a ton of hard drives in his computer but besides that what a dumb ass. i mean at places where servers are kept they keep the rooms between 50 and 60 degress farenhite. but with the cervers in there it makes it about 10-20 degress hotter actually.

Originally posted by Woody

What about in the winter? Wouldn't the vent be blowing WARM heated air onto the PC?

6 Month Solution [COG]
<hr>

Originally posted by Grendel
I GOT A NEW VID CARD! GeForce4 Ti 4200 64MB DDR RAM - Raven Shield works for me now!

Schweeeeet bro!

winters in florida hummm the heat never gets turned on cause its cold in the morning warms up to 70 by the afternoon.

Error

Staff member
You should be fine overclocking your processor depending on what you have,some athlons arent good over clockers and some are monsters for it...

Limit your self to a stable point and it should hold up well with the proper cooling...

Dont do it with a xp2200 because it supposed to be a poor overclocker[COG]

Top Bottom