THE DEMO IS OUT FINALLY

LMAO! Hosting up a trojan will get you ragged on for awhile bro. Sorry, but that kinda shit comes with a price! :D

Bring forth, the HOLY HANDGRENADE!

"And St. Attila raised the hand grenade up on high saying
'O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that with it thou mayest
blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Lord did
grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp
and anchovies and orang-utans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats
and large ch ..."

"... and the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy
Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt
be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall
be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two,
excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.
Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then
lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it..."

Knights Of Ni [COG]

I keep getting the same error that Knox got. I get dropped to desktop as soon as the dam thing starts to launch or join a game.

i got no problems.

i got an 800mhz 384mb sdram 32mb geforce 2 mx200 vid card and a 56k modem basically.

i have this till i get my new computer

Here is my critical error
<hr>

General protection fault!

History: FD3DTexture::Cache <- FD3DRenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3DRenderInterface::EnableLighting <- FBspDrawList::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FCameraSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:: Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Here's what I allways get:
<hr>
PC Load Letter<hr>

PC Load Letter?!? What the fuck does that mean?!?

Error

Staff member
Sounds like it's time for a graphics card upgrade,I cant get it to work with a raedon 7200 but it works with a geforce 2,I dont think UBI intended on alot of the PC players out there having success with the demo for some reason...

This seems to be a very common problem on the RS forums and they all seem to have something to do with drivers and video cards...

Yeah, that is what I have found as well. We found a thread with what was supposed to be a simple fix, but it wasn't for Grendel. I think he found a new driver for his card, so maybe that will work. If not, maybe Santa will bring him a new card for Christmas lol.

It's funny that your 7200 doesn't work. The game is sponsored or something by ATi (the ATi logo is on the main title screen). I have an 8500LE, and it seems to work fine for the game being just a demo with what I'm sure are a few bugs.

THIS SPACE HAS BEEN RESERVED BY GRENDEL [COG] FOR A FUTURE REPLY THAT HE HAS NOT YET THOUGHT OF.

Error

Staff member
Well it's a pretty old card,you can probabaly go to wal mart and get one for like 20 bucks now and it dosent support many things that the newer cards do...I'm not really shocked by it, its a demo and I doubt they are shooting for everyone being able to play, seems more like a bug demo to me,something they released so a mass community can come across all the little problems it has and bitch about them...

Cant wait to get my new PC up and running though, my ti4600 should do wonders...

#################################################

1. Installation Instructions

#################################################

1.1. System Requirements
Minimum:
Computer: 600 Mhz CPU
Memory: 128 Mb RAM
Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
Video Card: 32MB Direct X 8.1 or higher
Drive Space: 400MB hard drive space
Sound Card: Direct X 8.0 compatible sound card
Internet/Network: 56k modem supported but not recommended

Recommended & Preferred Server Configuration:
Computer: 800 Mhz CPU
Memory: 256 Mb RAM
Video Card: 3D accelerated 64 Mb or equivalent
Internet/Network: High Speed Internet connection

Video Cards Supported:
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro
ATI Radeon 8500LE
ATI Radeon 8500
ATI Radeon 7500
ATI Radeon ViVO
ATI Radeon
ATI Radeon VE
GeForce 4 Ti 4600
GeForce 4 Ti 4400
GeForce 4 MX 460
GeForce 4 MX 440
GeForce 3 Ti500
GeForce 3
GeForce 2 GTS
GeForce 2 MX400
GeForce 2 MX
Geforce 256 DDR
GeForce 256 SDR

Video Cards Tested and Not Supported:
-Kyro
-Kyro II
-Kyro IISE

Just to check it out, I installed my old 3dfx Voodoo 3500 card on a Pentium 333 64MB RAM and Raven Shield demo installed just fine. With a little help from the Hacker gods, I was able to install Windows XP on this machine about 3 weeks ago. The HDD was pretty full after that, but there was enough room for the demo to install. Obviously it was extremely slow, but the game did load up. I was able to play the game and the graphics where actually damn good. 3dfx always did make a solid graphics card, and this thing is at least 5 years old.

I know what you are thinking Gren and Knox... "Well Laudi Freakin Da!"

I would offer up the card, but I know it doesn't work well with GR. It would suck to swap vid cards everytime you wanted to play a different game!

ATi Hater [COG]

Originally posted by Pointman
Here's what I allways get:
<hr>
PC Load Letter<hr>

PC Load Letter?!? What the fuck does that mean?!?

I hope thats the only thing you remembered from the quiz.....

Woody, your PC is 100Mhz faster then mine, but I got a GeForce 2 Ti...

I spose we would, then when you over overclock your processor, and make it go sizzle, I will have better!

Top Bottom