WoW

I have a question... as I am not that familiar with WoW, I'm not very sure what I want to be, I may need a little help when it comes out.

I'm thinking an Undead or Night Elf - Rogue Class...... but like I said, I'm not sure.

Can I get some input :)

Im not too familiar with it either...never played any of the WarCraft games.... but Hama thinks it's gonna rock....so I might try it....

I was thinking NightElf or Human...Hunter

I think there's a good deal of us COGers that are willing to give WoW a try. I'm pretty sure I will try it, at least for the 1st month that's free. Then I'll decide on that or SWG.

Error

Staff member
My first char is gonna be a night elf for sure, I wouldnt mind going with the undead but then that will lock me in with the bad guys. I'll most likely start out doing priest since it's the most powerful healing class and you know I have to have a healer...

Mandarr

Staff member
I'm not sure what I would be. I'd decide that once I know what side ya'll would be playing on. I'm assuming ya'll would rather go to the good side since the characters don't look as goofy. Only the Undead look cool to me from the dark side.

I was trying to find more information about the PvP side of E2 after Rapture had mentioned it. It seems as though it could be quite some time before they'd have dedicated servers for PvP play and even then I'm guessing they would be confused as to how to "ballance" it out fairly as we've seen with SWG.

Perhaps I'd end up waiting awhile on that one to see how that all goes first lol. I love Star Wars and all, but I am pretty bored with it usually anymore. I'm ready to see new things and adventures that they aren't pushing out fast enough for us in SWG. I'd like to see what JTL is like for awhile at least and I'm pretty sure it's going to be about Nov. or Dec. before WoW will be released.

Error

Staff member
EQ2 does look cool but there are a few things I am worried about...

1. would obviously be SOE, I am starting to hate sony is every way possible. I dont like their car audio, gaming platforms and I have lost faith in theyre gaming design and customer service...

2. It seems a bit too much PvE oriented, I dont mind PvE at all but PvP is a huge part in these games and if they dont work on a nice PvP system then I doubt I'll even bother with EQ2. Thats not saying they wont have PvP because they stated that it will be a game feature but they dont sound excited enough about me for my tastes...

3. I'm not looking forward to sinking alot of time in to working on my skills, it's ok in some cases but I wanna have fun in the game instead of constantly grinding my ass off...

4. everyone is gonna have to upgrade their computers to have fun in this game, supposedly it's very pc dependant so the ppl with older processors and not enough memory are gonna lag like a mofo. (can we say pentium 3.4 and an x800?)

5. Aside from the graphics alot of the game features sound like what WoW will already have. The game itself will look very nice and not cartoonish like WoW but from the sounds of things they will be very similar when it comes to gameplay which is what I am after in any game...

I'm pretty sure I'll check out WoW first off and if I dont like it then I can always switch to EQ2...

Ethakk

Staff member
I'll try WoW along with everybody else, but I'm not cancelling my swg accounts until a ways into, the first month is cool, however I don't want to have it be novel for 3 weeks because it's new and then be tired of it, and then not be able to shoot people in my Tie Fighter, and then be bored, and then be angry, and then go on a shooting rampage at McDonalds...again.

Error

Staff member
I doubt you would have those problems ethakk...

In WoW there are quests that you arent able to take on until you reach a high enough level to talk to the quest giver. Things start off pretty fast as far as leveling goes but once you start to get higher up in levels it slows down due to higher xp requirements and alot of the creatues give similar xp ammounts...

The gameplay IMO is much better than what we see in swg and it is a hell of alot smoother so you all with the lower end machines will be pleased. The game world is much more populated and there are dungeons all over the place so you will not have trouble finding stuff to do in this game. Currently we are questing in a part of the human zone which consists of multiple zones,some are low level and some are high level..

Travel in the world is difficult but cool, you cant go up over mountains and I know mandarr dosent like that but I think it cool and part of the experience in traveling the lands.I guess you would say it makes things a bit more difficult and fun to travel through. It is also seamless travel meaning no loading times ar waiting at starports for a shuttle. You do have to take a bird ride but you actually watch yourself flying across the lands on your bird which is cool considering you get to see the lands below...

The game is very impressive, I will miss it once the stress test is over and I'm sure the others playing will miss it as well...

Mandarr

Staff member
I miss it already! The dang servers are down again lol. I assume they're bringing them down or switching stuff around behind the scenes to see what happens when they do this or that. It'll be back up again soon though and then it's off for some more fun!

Originally posted by Error
The game is very impressive, I will miss it once the stress test is over and I'm sure the others playing will miss it as well...

Ok, I have been holding back long enough...

I TOLD YOU SO! Cartoon graphics or not, this game keep you entertained! They haven't even finished beta, and I can count the number of bugs and errors that I have run into on one hand. Maybe it isn't so much the developers that are ruining SWG as it is SOE's ruling style.

:DScudd:D

You may remember me from previous films such as "I don't care if we are playing shit sticks and toilet bowls as long as the content is good...":troy:

Error

Staff member
well I wouldnt actually call this anything near 'shitsticks in a toilet bowl', the game has bad ass graphics but they arent based on a realism factor...

as I said, the game world is far more detailed than what we see in swg and it plays alot better...

In WoW there are quests that you arent able to take on until you reach a high enough level to talk to the quest giver. Things start off pretty fast as far as leveling goes but once you start to get higher up in levels it slows down due to higher xp requirements and alot of the creatues give similar xp ammounts...

I love the quests! Last night, I found a quest that gave out Stormwind Guard armor. I can't wear it, but I thought that it would be cool as hell to have it, so I took it. I had to go kill this thing called Hogger. He was a level 11+ humanoid (I forget what the + means, but I know it can't be good for me, a level 6 warlock haha). Mandarr came out to help me, and we tried and died about 5 or 6 times before I said to hell with it and went to bed. The cool thing was I found myself taking this, and other quests, not for the fact that I could get tons of XP on them (which you do by the way), but rather for the fact that they were just fun.

The gameplay IMO is much better than what we see in swg and it is a hell of alot smoother so you all with the lower end machines will be pleased.

I agree. I may have a 2700+, but I only have 512MB RAM and an old ATi 8500LE video card. This games runs a hundred times smoother than SWG does with SWG's grafics set low. I can actually enjoy the fact that when I'm in a forest, I can see trees for miles. In and SWG forest, all I see a 4-5 trees that are near me, and all the other trees don't show up until I get near enough to them. In WoW, I can see grass blowing in the wind. In SWG, I have to turn off all that flora stuff to keep my FPS over 25.

Originally posted by Scuddman
Cartoon graphics or not, this game keep you entertained! They haven't even finished beta, and I can count the number of bugs and errors that I have run into on one hand.

Yeah, I have actually started to like the grafic, even if they are a bit cartoonish. After all, it IS a fantasy video game, not simulation of real life. I got a cool new cloak that had no sleeves, and my guy looks pretty damn cool now hehe.

As far as the bugs, I'v only found ONE so far. ONE! And it's not really that big of a deal either. It's just that bug where mobs spawn a little to close to a tree or house and get stuck on it and we are not able to hit it. Other than that, I don't think I have seen one other single bug yet, or at least one that I can notice.

Error

Staff member
I found a few bugs, I fell off the zepplin whil going across the oces so I decided to swim back to shore. Well my dumb ass seen a sunken pirate ship on the ocean floor so I decided to swim down and check it out only to get stuck on the ship sail. Other than that I have only seen a few minor problems, I think this game will be very polished come release date...

ok scudd are you taking requests?

can you make a female NE and get a closeup for me hee hee?

or maybe get some footage in char creation while making one of your chars so we can see what its like?

Top Bottom